Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kayla
Melbourne, Australia

Pleasant stay with a bit of poolside pandemonium

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
I had a great short one-night stay at the Marriott Docklands. The room was comfortable, a good size, with robes and a good selection of amenities, which I appreciate since many hotels skimp on these nowadays. Room service was easy to order on my own phone, a method I prefer in this situation. Although the TV wasn't working initially, the staff quickly fixed it, and streaming from our phones worked easily. Wouldn't mind an option of a slightly firmer pillow.

The pool area is nice, though smaller than I expected, but still lovely. However, I think the staff could supervise the pool a bit more. There were two disruptive children whose mother was mostly napping or sipping cocktails, causing some chaos. She even attempted to steal another guest's cocktail, but the waiter intervened.

While it's ultimately the parents' responsibility to watch their kids, the children were really disruptive, jumping on people's lounge chairs, putting their rubbish in the pool, and doing bombs into the spa. They were also using the paper cups for guests to get water in the pool as toys and then would leave them in the water to disintegrate.

Other guests and I had to work together to keep them out of the spa, trying to maintain a small space for relaxation. More staff supervision in the pool area would help prevent such issues.

Aside from this, I had no other issues and would gladly return.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    AU$229
    AU$243
2.8 km from Melbourne Marriott Hotel Docklands
Pool
Guests staying in suites can make use of our exclusive club lounge, which provides a range of services such as private check-in, use of the meeting space, and a curated menu. For health and wellness, Vitality merges our beautiful heated indoor pool, spa, sauna, steam room, Technogym and wellness room together, taking care of mind, body and soul.
AU$228
    AU$126
    AU$132
5.0 km from Melbourne Marriott Hotel Docklands
View more hotels in Melbourne
All reviews m club infinity pool sunset bar selection of fresh fruit family staycation teething issues restaurant options double bedroom undercover parking rooms are spacious and clean our entire stay executive lounge great pool hotel facilities i highly recommend this hotel amazing hotel our night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Wonderful hotel, great location and Superb Check in. I would like to that Mila, Hank and Michelle for a wonder check in experience. We were treated very well throughout the whole experience. I seldom take time to write a review, but sometimes you have to take time for a great group of persons going above and beyond to welcome you and make sure you are taken care of. very personable and it makes you want to come back again and again. The Marriot group is lucky to have them, please recognize them from myself, my brother who is traveling with me and all of the persons who have been treated well by them. Sincere Mr. Wells

Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2024

From the beginning it was an amazing experience. Customer service both online and in person was not only professional and helpful, but Welcoming and inviting. As we had gone for a birthday trip, Not only did we get complimentary Bubbles sent to the room, we had our check-out pushed back an hour (All thanks to Ali Didi). The room itself was gorgeous, the view from the room was beautiful both during the day and night, Everything was extremely well kept and organised and the comfort of the beds, Chairs, pillows and towels were beyond acceptable. Going down to the Hotel Restaurant, Staff and Food were very nice. The hotel itself was so modern and nice, It felt like a luxury. The pool, one of the best features.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2024

The best hotel in Docklands.
The staff so great they treat you guest at their home.
My special thanks to Ali, Michelle and Jr. Michelle.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2024

This hotel was a great find. The rooftop pool would be a great spot to hangout if it wasn't winter. The views from there were great. The service there was pretty good. I loved that I got to play a welcome game to earn even more points. Their lounge was one of my favorites. The food there was always good, and they had a nice selection of beverages that made me wish I was drinker so I could enjoy it. And the host there definitely elevated the experience. The location is nice but it's not as close to everything as I thought it was- Although there was the free trolley just up the street which takes you to the heart of Melbourne.
My 2 favorite things there were the lounge and the rooftop pool.
My not so favorites... Parking. Though there is public parking across the street and free street parking after PM

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2024

The lady at breakfast reception was not welcomed. She did not greeting at us and make any introduction.The pillowcase in the room is dirty before the arrival. The lady at reception desk is not willing to help with a poker face. Overall, not bad but not good as well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Metin Akture, Guest Services / Front Office at Melbourne Marriott Hotel Docklands, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2024

Dear 808shiyih,

First and foremost, thank you so much for choosing the Melbourne Marriott Hotel Docklands for your recent stay and taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations with our services, which are well-known for their excellence, during your recent stay. Your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to improve and ensure all our guests have a positive experience.

We are committed to addressing these issues and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to have the chance to serve you better in the future. Therefore, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at 0405350095 or metin.akture@marriott.com for a more seamless experience.

Warm Regards,