Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 96
Hotels.comUSD 84
eDreamsUSD 96
PricelineUSD 96
FindHotelUSD 84
CheapTicketsUSD 84
All reviews continental breakfast leave the car tea and coffee would stay here again cereal microwave city
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our first trip to Melbourne and wanted accommodation in North Melbourne close to where our son lives. As the Arden Motel was just around the corner, it was ideal. Yes, the décor is dated and could do with some renovation, but it was roomy, clean, comfortable and quiet and the staff friendly and you would find it hard to get accommodation this close to the city at such a good price with breakfast and the daily paper included.
Room had airconditioning (heating & cooling), lounge, flat screen TV, dresser, small table & chairs, double bed (with electric blanket), small kitchenette with microwave, kettle & toaster and clean crockery & cutlery left every day. Breakfast was replenished each day and consisted of cornflakes, bread, raisin bread, juice, milk, spreads, tea, coffee, etc. Ensuite bathroom was a good size.
Tram stops in the next street, Victoria Markets a short 10 minute walk and the city centre about a 20 minute walk. Great location!
Will certainly be staying here on our next visit.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
17  Thank Parkyfullers
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I remembered staying here as a child & booked a room as we had a wedding to attend in north Melbourne.
We arrived & 4 policeman were arresting someone in one of the rooms. The reception was filthy & cluttered with rubbish. The man told us the room wasn't ready but we can take our luggage up... We walked into room that still had the last occupants dirty sheets/ towels etc!! Once we got into the 'made up' room after 3pm, all we could do was laugh, I couldn't sit on the old bedspread... Didn't want to sit on the stained couch.. Anyway, yes it's cheap but Vibe hotel in Parkville is similar price & 100% better & has a tram out the front. Owners seriously need to fix this place up before the health dep does!

Date of stay: January 2013
14  Thank Dyor1
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Short walk to both of these Hospitals and would definitely recommend, if that is your reason for visiting Melbourne. Older style establishment which could benefit from a good renovation, but very reasonably priced for inner city location. Provision of continental breakfast and paper each morning was an added bonus. Stayed on the second floor at the rear of the motel for 8 nights. No road noise, but first 3 nights very noisy with a lot of door banging and other heavy banging sounds throughout the night, along with "people noise". Unfortunately, no ramp to use to the second floor, only steps, which can be inconvenient for elderly with luggage, as no assistance was provided to porter luggage for guests. Overall a positive experience and good value. Easy walk to local Nth Melbourne shopping precinct and Queen Victoria Markets.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank kerlew
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I DON'T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING THEY MUST BE USED TO FANCY 5 STAR PLACES LIKE THE NOVOTEL, I've stayed hear many of times before and every time I come I'm never disappointed, the rooms are so homey feeling, All ways clean love the quilts on the bed(s) the TV's are nice and big (for a motel room) u all ways had good TV's but the upgrade to the bigger digital TV's (in the room I was in at the time anyway) has just made them even better grate work I love this place just seems to be better every time I come, The price for the rooms are so cheap if this was any other motel the prices would be way more. Keep up the grate work guys I so recommend this motel to any one looking to stay in Melbourne

Room tip: There are smoking and non smoking rooms I don't smoke my self and hate the smell of smoke but even with the smoking rooms you can't smell it in or on anything (I don't know how they keep the smells out but they do!!)
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank AussieZach
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Needed somewhere to stay for a reasonable price, close to Royal Womens Hospital, on Grand Prix weekend... and needed to book for the same night. Many many places sold out or way to expensive, $110 for two people in specified single beds, just as cheap as a hostel! they include paper and breakfast in the price, 5 min walk from hospital, so no taxi or public transport needed. By time you add up all the extras this is cheaper than most and no need to share rooms with others.. No complaints here!

Date of stay: March 2013