“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Merchant and this time we felt that the service was lacking and the restaurant lacked the overall atmosphere we had felt on our first visit a few years ago.

We started with shared entrees of prawn special and Crab with artichoke hearts, both were delicious. For mains we had the gnocchi, which was OK without being amazing and the Bigoli "Neri" chilli crab, this was delicious but quite a small serve. The standout was the Tiramisu that we shared for dessert.

All in all its a good restaurant for a quiet relaxed night when staying at the Intercontinental.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We had a dinner of 8 people, the staff Dom gave really good service and also great recommendation on the food and the wine. We had a pleasant evening and the service provide by Dom was excellent. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the intercontinental and found the restaurant conveniently located. I enjoyed the local cuttlefish and scallop risotto. Very good quality, very tasty and well priced. Would recommend particularly if staying at the hotel

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent restaurant. Attentive and knowledgeable staff. Very good menu, and daily specials. Well thought out wine list. Food was simply superb. Would go here again. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I get used to being a second class citizen in restaurants since I'm gluten and dairy intolerant.

That was NOT the case here. I received GF bread when my friends received their bread and enjoyed a beautiful meal.

The first time I actually enjoyed being in a restaurant for ages - thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018