“Pleasant evening with excellent service”
Review of Merchant

Merchant
Ranked #206 of 4,656 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We had a dinner of 8 people, the staff Dom gave really good service and also great recommendation on the food and the wine. We had a pleasant evening and the service provide by Dom was excellent. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the intercontinental and found the restaurant conveniently located. I enjoyed the local cuttlefish and scallop risotto. Very good quality, very tasty and well priced. Would recommend particularly if staying at the hotel

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent restaurant. Attentive and knowledgeable staff. Very good menu, and daily specials. Well thought out wine list. Food was simply superb. Would go here again. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I get used to being a second class citizen in restaurants since I'm gluten and dairy intolerant.

That was NOT the case here. I received GF bread when my friends received their bread and enjoyed a beautiful meal.

The first time I actually enjoyed being in a restaurant for ages - thank you!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My husband and I visited Melbourne to celebrate his birthday. The restaurant is in a quiet end of Collins Street - in the evening at least.
The service was excellent and the menu would suit most diners. The quality of the food was most enjoyable and we would certainly visit this restaurant again. There is also an extensive wine list.

Date of visit: February 2018