“One dish .... Spaghetti Vongole.”
Review of Merchant

Merchant
Ranked #238 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Its very difficult to find this dish on the menu in Australia. I was delighted to find it on the mnu and it was delicious. It was a quiet Monday night but faultless dinner and service.

1  Thank Beth M
There are newer reviews for Merchant

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Not too many Northern influenced Italian restaurants in Melbourne. Merchant has always been a favourite. We enjoyed the Baccala Mantecato, Pulenta Gorgonzola, Luganeghe and finishing off this amazing dinner with Gianduja Semifreddo. Wine list is predominantly Italian, as I would expect, I do enjoy the Northern moethod of winemaking very similar to the French style the wine menu is well thought out and compliments the menu.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

This place is a bit difficult to find as you need to pass through Intercontinental hotel. There weren't many customers on the Friday night we visited but in fact the food quality was quite good, though the portion was a bit small.

Service level had room to improve too as water wouldn't be refilled unless asked, even though there were only a few tables of customers.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Two girlfriends and I had lunch here on a Friday in mid December as our Xmas get together and we loved it!

Staff were so friendly and helpful on arrival - explained the menu - took our pre lunch drink orders and generally kept an eye on us for a couple of hours....offered suggestions and didn't put a foot wrong. We all enjoyed our Cicetti choices and the pasta and risotto "mains" we chose. Our compliments to the chef to whom we waved as we left....I hope it won't be long before I return!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

We started a bit pensive as the service was a little slow and the young waiter a touch officious but the Manager took over and made up for this, the starter of scallops were beautiful if not a tad overpriced at $10 per scallop, the main courses of Gnocchi and pappardelle were exquisite and the tiramisu the best we have ever tasted - that includes Florence - the graffiti wall of past diners experiences was inspirational and made me want to emulate it in my home bar.