“Everything is Hunky Dory”
Review of Hunky Dory

Hunky Dory
Ranked #14 of 370 Quick Bites in Melbourne
Price range: AU$6 - AU$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Description: Offering healthy seafood options along with traditional fish and chips.
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I've been here probably a dozen times, be it eating in or ordering a collection. The fact that we keep coming back is testament to how good the food is.

We generally go for similar items, one of the "packs" plus a little extra something. We have never had a bad meal either! The fish is always delicious and there are definitely no complaints.

There are several tables inside plus some benches out the front which during busy periods fill up fast.

The staff are mostly friendly although don't really hang around to chat, 9 times out of 10 they are running around frantically trying to serve everybody.

The best fish and chips we have had, the music puts me off eating in as it is invariably loud and it lacks any atmosphere. Don't let that out you off though, the food needs to be tried!

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 7 June 2016

On a cold wet day we stopped in for lunch while walking by. Got 2 pieces of the fish of the day fried(battered) with a small chips to share for under $20. Perfect amount of food and plenty of chips for2.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Nice food for a fast food place. Health options and affordable prices. I really recommend this place if you are visiting Melbourne or around Chapel Street

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The place was packed on a Wednesday night so I opted for takeaway. I ordered the Japanese grilled fish on brown rice with a side salad.
The miso marinade was tasty and the serve was generous. I bought a bottle of house sav which complimented the meal well.

The staff were fast and friendly and seemed to have great control in the busy conditions.

I will be back to try something else from the extensive menu!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 May 2016

In my humble this place has the best chips I've had in Melbourne. They're as close to chip heaven as I can imagine! I've only ever had takeaway so can't comment on the restaurant itself but the service is always pretty quick and the food is cheap.

Date of visit: March 2016