“Generous Servings”

Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Description: Offering healthy seafood options along with traditional fish and chips.
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Been coming to hunky dory for a while. I have always bought the salmon pack and the fish is delicious. The salads are great and the servings of chips and salad are generous.

The one thing that annoys me most is having to pay an extra $1 for a little bit of tomato sauce. It is not the money you pay, but really the principle. I don't know why such small amounts of sauce are charged $1 when it is generally free everywhere else.

Great to dine in but not so great for take-away. Only issue with dining is the loud music.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 13 January 2016

I love fish and don't understand why it is so often deep-fried... And then I found Hunky Dory! Here, you can have your fish (they have at least 4 to choose from) grilled and with very good and healthy salads! The kale salad was excellent, the black rice one was very good too!
It is definitely more than just a fish'n'chips, it is a real fish and seafood restaurant and with very fair prices!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Well done try lamb skewers the best .all served with chips and salad and eyes candy 🙈😬
Loved it nice nice
Fresh fish fillets

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

The holiday season may not be an ideal time for fresh fish. The prawns and filet were delicious. Certainly there were no tell tale signs of strong fishy smell or ammonia odour. The meal was very tasty. But that night my stomach began to bloat and I was very uncomfortable. The rest is in the heading. But as it passed my wife came down with similar systems which persisted for number of days. Maybe it was just bad luck. Maybe try, but be watchful or aware of the consequences.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Been coming to this place for about a year !!! Obviously it has changed management, because last night we came to get some take away and when I got home which only took 2 minutes cos I live across the road , I was absolutely discussed by the food that I had purchased the salmon was over cooked and small the salads where dry as anything , my daughters calamari pack only had 4 calamari rings that were so over cooked that the calamari had disintegrated in the batter and her potato cakes were over cooked also and we got 6 scallops that were burned !!!!! I have never experienced such poor food in all my life especially when I was charged $75 for this crap !!! It was much better a year ago than now I will not be coming Back and I certainly will be telling my friends and neighbours too !!!

Date of visit: December 2015