Open today: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Sit Back and Enjoy the Day

Excellent day out from start to finish. Highly recommend for a day of variety from wildlife to... read more

Reviewed 13 April 2020
Pamela P
Brisbane, Australia
Pingus Pingus EVERYWHERE!

My friend & I went on this tour with David, who is a wonderful guide... very informative, funny and... read more

Reviewed 6 January 2020
dannikeeping
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Melbourne
from USD 78.47
from USD 101.72
from USD 105.36
from USD 105.36
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Great Ocean Road is the #1 thing to do in Melbourne. It's absolutely stunning, beautiful sights all along the road. However, what made the tour absolutely most memorable experience is our tour guide Khalid. We had in fact selected this tour only because of Khalid's glowing reviews, and man was he awesome! He's the most knowledgeable and passionate and sincere tour guide ever. You could see loved his job, loved sharing his knowledge all along the journey, but also giving us ample silent time to just soak in the grandiose of the GOR. He can seem a bit strict in terms of time at each stop, but at the end of the tour you realize without that time restriction, we'd miss the beautiful sunset at Loch Ard Arch. He also voluntarily offered to take wonderful photos of everyone at Loch Ard Arch, and shared those beautiful pics with us later. Also, the tour had a very sumptuous lunch, which is so rare in such group tours. The lunch was a huge portion, and very very delicious. Absolutely loved everything about the tour, and we'll highly recommend it to anyone visiting Great Ocean Road.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

What an adventure! We are a young couple who have never been to Melbourne before and had such a beautiful time on the tour of the Great Ocean Road and the Twelve Apostles. The sights were monumental and jaw-dropping. Even with the dark clouds every scene was dramatic and beautiful!

Our tour guide/bus driver Khalid was so friendly and accommodating, and he had a wealth of information to tell us. He even went out of his way (literally) and drove us to feed the birds and get up close to kangaroos. He took photos for everyone and emailed them out.

Thanks for a great experience Khalid!

Klara and Dan

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Wow! What a fantastic day! We had a great comfy mini bus, and the driver was fantastic. So much information, and great interaction with us all. The scenery on this tour was spectacular. Plenty of time was allowed for stops which included a bush walk, koala hunting, and town and beach stops. The included lunch was delicious! Will definitely be recommending this tour to everyone.

1  Thank SaltyPorridge
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I booked the All Day Combination Tour through Melbourne's Best Day Tours which includes the morning tour out to the Dandenong Rainforest to ride the Puffing Billy Steam Train and the afternoon tour out to Phillip Island to watch the Penguin Parade. I travelled on Wednesday 3rd May.

The morning tour we arrived at the pickup location and was advised we would actually be travelling on a Grayline bus as not enough people booked with Melbourne's Best. This was fine by us as we were advised from previous reviews that this might be the case. The day was great and even though I can't comment on Melbourne's Best, Grayline was professional and prompt, the driver was informative and we did not feel excluded because we were from a different tour group. The Puffing Billy steam train was fabulous and I recommend it to all.

The afternoon tour we arrived at the pickup location and were again advised we would be travelling with a different tour company, this time AAT Kings. Again keeping an open mind, we boarded the coach and we were on our way. It was a very small group so we were able to spread out in the coach which was good for the drive out there. When we arrived at the Penguin Parade, the bus driver picked up our tickets and began to distribute. It was then I realised that we had not been listed under the "Penguin Plus" upgrade as I had purchased at my time of booking. I didn't think this was a big deal so I told the driver there must be a mix up as we had booked the Penguin Plus. The bus driver only gave me short and sharp answers after this such as "the list gets faxed to us and your names don't include the Penguin Plus" "Our girls in the office have gone home so there is nothing I can do" "This happens 2 or 3 times a week, nothing I can do" "Don't go over to the ticket box as they won't be able to help either".
I thought this was slightly unprofessional of a person who was representing AAT Kings and Melbourne's Best (indirectly). Surely the process would be to have people on hand if things like this did go wrong so they could be rectified? If it "happens 2 or 3 times a week" then perhaps it is something that needs to be looked at. He wasn't interested in helping us in the slightest so I quickly realised it was up to me to sort it out.
To the credit of Melbourne's Best, I called them straight away and the lady on the other end of the phone was more than happy to fix the problem. I walked over to the ticket box, handed over my phone and it was all resolved in 15 minutes and I had my Penguin Plus tickets. But the fact that I had to do this myself and there was no interest from the company rep standing in front of me was a little disheartening. I don't think I will be booking with AAT Kings any time in the future.

I can't comment on the actual tour operation with Melbourne Best as I didn't end up travelling with them, but I will thank them for sorting out my issue quickly. I hope this assists other travelers.

2  Thank Stephanie_P07
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The tour was outstanding even the weather was not entirely on our side, Melbourne's Best Tours has the wisdom and a guide like Khalid saved the day! We did get good and friendly service, advise, good food, excitement as nature's tranquillity unfolded itself, educational knowledge in past & present history and a breath taking scenery as only Victoria has on offer - our recommendation: don't hesitate, just go!

Date of experience: April 2017