“A tour full of tips and yet at a relaxed pace.”

Melbourne Photo Tours
Ranked #99 of 261 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Melbourne Photo Tours specialises in small, customized trips for photographers. Whether you are a professional or a hobbyist we seek to help you realise your goal of seeing Melbounre through the lens; learning more about photography, building your own portfolio of magnificent Melbourne, and/or maximizing your photography opportunities while traveling. Whether you’re in Melbourne for just hours or several days, on a business trip or family holiday; our guided photo tours will provide you a concentrated and productive photography experience. While there is much to see in this cultural mecca, the pace of our tours is relaxed, friendly and informative. We offer group or private photo tours. If you want to meet other photography minded people to share the experience, the group tour might be best for you. Our groups are small in size and are limited to six photographers. You can select from one afternoon to three days, the choice is yours. We are flexible and willing to customize a tour to meet your needs. For example, if you want a trip dedicated to you or your group or family we would be happy to arrange a private tour.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Adelaide, South Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A tour full of tips and yet at a relaxed pace.”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I booked in for a daytime tour with Greg at the very last minute before I jetted off to Melbourne and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made in my life.

Greg took the time to get to know me and where I'm at with my photography, what I like and what I want to improve. He then started the tour by getting me to take a few photos and discuss a few tricks to make the photos more interesting, in my case, composition.

Throughout the tour Greg was very friendly with me and was very generous with his encouragement, telling me I'm doing great, while also challenged me to think critically and apply what I learnt on the spot. He also encouraged me to try out different techniques so that I'm not limited to just one type of photography.

Near the end of the tour we sat down for a coffee and Greg spent a lot of time showing me some of his finest works, and how he took them. He also asked to see some of mine and discussed with me what I can do to improve, or what he likes about the photos.

All in all it was a very pleasant tour and I had a lot of fun while acquiring skills that I would put to use for the rest of my life. If you want to see Melbourne in a different light and also learn something about photography I highly recommend doing one of Greg's tours!!

4 Thank Ken_Wah

hong kong
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“See Melbourne in a different light”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

It's the first time I've take a photography lesson/ tour and I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in photography and who wants to learn more about their DSLR camera. I've discovered all these extra functions on my camera with Greg despite having used a DSLR for years! It is also a novel way to explore an appreciate a new city.
Greg is infinitely patient, he will field your many queries, no matter how trivial, and he seems to have all the time in the world for you. In fact, be prepared to take at least 3 hours, if not more, with your tour. If you have to be somewhere else, be sure to let Greg know, or the time will fly by before you know it and you've been standing in street corners, alleys, by the river, in the malls, staring at the lights, angles, people walking past, and attempting ( on my part!) to appreciate how best to catch the light and compose a shot. It was definitely the highlight of my Melbourne trip and much more interesting than the conference I was supposed to be attending!

4 Thank yvonne06
Warsaw, Poland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wonderful photography experience with a great tutor and photographer!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I had so beautiful photography morning today - I received great individual coaching with Greg in Melbourne. Greg is absolutely so wonderful coach (tutor) and great photographer as well. He has very unique coaching skills for photography teaching - he explains everything in so easy and simply way, so even those photography subjects, which were a bit enigmatic for me earlier, are very clear now. I liked so much his patience and attitude - I do wish I could find exactly such a tutor/coach in Warsaw as Greg. He gave me advice and tips on becoming a more creative photographer and he also showed me Melbourne in an "off-the-beaten path" way, what I liked very much. I also have to add that indeed I admire Greg's photography very much, as what he does is not only photography itself but fine-art photography! If you are in Melbourne and you wish to have a great photography experience, meeting Greg is a must for you! :-)

1 Thank Darshwana
Minneaplis, Minnesota
“Had a great photo tour with Greg Currier!”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

If you're looking for a professional photographer who will take you off thebeaten path and show you the sights of Melbourne that you wouldn't normally see, then Greg Currier is your man. Greg did a great job of adding his personal/professional suggestions on how to frame a shot. He is very creative and encourages you to think more broadly about your photography. He was very patient, friendly and had a great demeanor. He even let my wife tag along which was much appreciated. Overall, an excellent experience.

New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Learnt to see things around me in a different way”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Had a great afternoon with Greg. There was a good mix of instruction while enough time to take some photos of your own. He was approachable and you could see he loved his photography. There were only two other people on my trip so we all go some very individualised attentions. What a great day.

Visited October 2011