“Mornington Peninsula Winery Day Tour”

Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 157.92*
and up
Yarra Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Melbourne Including Lunch at Yering...
More Info
USD 169.47*
and up
Yarra Valley Wine and Wildlife Day Trip from Melbourne Including Healesville...
Ranked #1 of 269 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and Macedon Ranges wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you.
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Excellent tour. Stephen is a very knowledgeable and friendly host. We had a great day tasting some of the best wines, food, cheese and chocolate on the Peninsula. Highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Fun and relaxing day. Stephen, our guide for the day, was knowledgeable about more than wine. He answered all my questions about local animals, plants and geography. Totally recommend this tour.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Everything about this tour is first rate. The wines were excellent, the lunch was fantastic and Paul is a knowledgeable, thoughtful and genuine guide. Look no further, Vinetrekker is the best.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 14 January 2017

My mum is currently visiting from England and I was very excited to take her on a wine tour during her time here. I have previously used another company with past guests but when I read the reviews of Vinetrekker I had to see for myself.

First off the other reviews are spot on, the guys have worked so hard to create such a fantastic experience for their guests and deserve every excellent review on here.

The day itself was perfectly planned and executed. We were collected promptly from St Pauls and since we were the last stop we headed straight off for the valley. I was slightly concerned as there was lots of unmarked mini vans turning up but Stephen actually got out (unlike alot of the other drivers) and called out to us by name so we knew who he was. The drive to the valley was informative despite me living out here for a year but not too noisy so it remained relaxing.

The wineries themselves were fantastic choices, from the amazing views and photo opportunities at Cold stream to the fantastic tasting at Punt road, the wines were very interesting and there was lots of opportunity to spend money.

The visit to Chandon made the trip for us. Rather than in the past where our visit to Chandon has been brief with a small glass of bubbly, Stephen had organised a table. Sitting down against the beautiful back drop away from the crowds, we had 4 (full) glasses of Chandon to taste. We love quality sparkling so this gesture we very much appreciated by us as it gave us time to really appreciate the different options including a fantastic red sparkling. Stephen had also organised charcutiere boards with the best pate that I have ever had, it was great to have some sustenance after having started on the wine so early. It's also worth noting that there is a back of house tour which despite having been to Chandon before I didn't know existed and was very interesting.

Lunch at Yering Station was also a highlight. Despite being a group of 10 it did not feel like a 'tour lunch'. The A La Carte options were so great that no one could decide what to have. There wasn't much of a wait for food despite being busy and when it arrived it was fantastic. It was accompanied by a fantastic glass of wine and finished with a coffee.

The De Bortoli visit with matched cheeses was a great ending to the day, very informative and despite the beautiful lunch the cheese platters still went down fantastically well.

I would recommend this trip to everyone. Stephen was a great tour guide, remembering all our names and learning a bit about us along the way. He was full of useful information and was a pleasure to spend the day with. The trip itself may seem a little more expensive when compared to others in the market but you pay for what you get, these guys have complied the perfect most beautiful tour of the Yarra Valley.

2  Thank CharlotteJS87
Reviewed 13 January 2017

An outstanding trip. Our driver and guide, Shane, was exceptional. Not intrusive but informative and generally good company. He gave us a great day out. The wine tastings at both wineries were excellent and well organised. The lunch at Yaring Station was wonderful. Thanks Shane.

I recommend this trip unreservedly.