“Exceeded our Expectations”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 156.06*
and up
Yarra Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Melbourne Including Lunch at Yering...
Ranked #1 of 255 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and Macedon Ranges wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you.
Brisbane
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Exceeded our Expectations”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

My partner and I did the Mornington Peninsula tour last week and we had a fabulous day with Stephen who was the perfect host - best of all it was just the 2 of us with him. We weren't sure what to expect but reading all the reviews from Trip Advisor we expected something good and it was better than we imagined. The weather was good, the wineries were great - the staff were so helpful and knowledgeable and lunch at Salix was beautiful - the trip has even converted me to drinking some really good Chardonnay wines which is a miracle in itself. The chocolate shop was heaven. I thoroughly recommend this tour and next time we are in Melbourne we will be going on the Yarra Valley tour. Thank you Stephen for a great day - you are a real gentleman.
Margaret & Terry

Visited May 2012
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thanks so much for your review and delighted the day exceeded your expectations. Stephen is a terrific host and his customer focus skills are excellent. The Peninsula is a wonderful region to visit and offers a great deal of diversity. Pleased to hear you've got back to enjoying chardonnay. Grown in the right area and made properly, it still stands up very well. Will look forward to having you travel to the Yarra Valley when you're next in town. All the best.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Special day out to spoil someone”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was looking for something special to spoil my sister and I found it! Garth is an excellent guide - so knowledgeable about the Yarra Valley and observant. He paid attention to everything we did or said to make sure we felt special - whether it was adjusting the temperature in the car (I didn't even ask he just saw me play with the vent button), opening of doors, his follow-up on a question or request to see a view.

The lunch was beautiful. Plus the late afternoon cheese platter got us to try wine and cheese combinations we would never have tried ourselves. Thank you!

Visited April 2012
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Delighted to hear the day more than met your expectations in terms of the service and quality of food. We're very fortunate to have guides of the calibre of Garth and his passion and customer service focus is terrific. Am pleased it wasn't lost on you or your sister. Thanks also for the booking, it was greatly appreciated.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“How many ways can I say Amazing!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

First, I have to say that I loved the first tour from Paul at Vinetrekker's that I went to 2 more tours all within the 6 weeks I was visiting Melbourne. I had never taken a "real" wine tour anywhere, and I have to say that every vineyard we went to on our first tour to the Mornington Penninsula was awesome. The lunch was included and 5 star. Breathtaking views. I can talk all day about the quality and how great Paul makes you feel, his great knowledge of the regions and wines, and how he makes you feel first rate as if you have a personal wine Concierge. It was a whole day from 9 - 5 and it was 6 of us on the tour which was an added bonus.
Towards the end of the tour I talked to Paul about taking another tour and he advised me that he had a Yarra valley tour the weekend I was planning. That tour was also amazing and another great tour. I felt like a king with a personal staff tending to your every need especially in taking you to amazing vineyards, having amazing lunches, and having amazing service, but Paul is more. He treats you like a friend. This trip to Yarra was equally great except for the change of scenery. Great wine, great food, and great service again. This time it was only 4 of us. Even better for more of a personal touch in the tour.
OK, I loved Paul's tours so much we decided to ask him if he would do any other tours to other areas even though I he usually only went to Mornington or Yarra Valley. He told me that he would go to the Macedon ranges, which he said was different yet also with it's share of great vineyards. On this tour I took the following week it was just 3 or us including Paul. This was such a personal tour, I really felt like I just hit the lottery and I was living the super luxurious life. After 2 other tours, I knew Paul a bit more and we all had such a great time including some great conversations with the vineyard's owners that Paul knew well, and another amazing lunch included in the price of the day's tour. For what I received in these tours I just have to say that Paul raised the bar on any type of tour I will ever take. I would recommend anyone that visit's Melbourne or is even close to the area, go do a tour with Paul. It is an amazing experience. I can't wait til the next time I go to Melbourne and take a tour with Paul's Vinetrekker Wine tours.

Visited October 2011
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thanks so much for the review, it's very much appreciated. It was terrific that you were able to spend so much time in Melbourne and we had the opportunity of occupying a good amount of your time. I was delighted you got to experience three different regions and they all had something different to offer. We're incredibly fortunate to have world class wines being produced so close to Melbourne, it's al just so accessible. All the best and I hope you're back here before too long.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Spectacular Day Out With the Family”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was my second tour with Vinetrekker, having booked with Paul the year before on my first visit to Australia. I am a native to the US and recently relocated to Melbourne. When my family from the States made plans to come visit, Vinetrekker was at the top of my list of things we had to do. Paul remembered me from my last tour (amazing customer service) and made the whole booking process effortless. We chose to tour the Yarra Valley again, after being so impressed with the vineyards (and lunch at Yearing Station is unbelievable) and were not disappointed. Last year we had Paul as our guide and we loved the intimate, laid back setting his tour provided. Every stop had a VIP feel as we never had to wait for our tasting and you could tell Paul had a special relationship with each vineyard and the people who worked there. This year we had Stephen as our guide. He was equally as knowlegable and had a real passion for the area and sharing his love of wine. My family had an absolute blast. The weather was perfect, the wine was divine, and there are no words for how delicious lunch was (Yearing Station is a must visit for anyone headed out to the Yarra Valley)

If you're interested in a beautiful, effortless day out, this is the tour for you. My partner and I are already looking for excuses to take another tour (perhaps Mornington Peninsula or even the ranges next time!)

1 Thank chelsealyn
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thanks so much for your review and I'm thrilled the day was such a success. You were certainly blessed with terrific weather and the Valley is looking beautiful at the moment. I'm sure your parents can appreciate why you've relocated here, now that they know what you have access to. It's a great asset having Stephen on board and he brings plenty of passion and enthusiasm to the day. Thanks again for the booking and I look forward to having you travel with us again. All the best.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Easter Monday Trip 2012”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Planning for day trip for a group of 10 visiting from overseas meant i had my hands full with everyone wanting to see/do different things. From the very beginning, Paul made it very easy for me despite going back and forth to him with endless changes. Highly recommend Paul to anyone. We made a trip to Mornington Peninsula to 3 beautiful wineries + Chocolate stop + strawberry farm + scenic route/stop, lunch at Salix was great overseeing Willows Creek Winery. It was absolutely wonderful. Paul was incredibly attentive, friendly, accommodating and he fitted right in with the pack which is always hard especially when they are from overseas. During the trip, we had a last minute change to one of the destination and Paul was very accommodating in agreeing with no fuss to bring us to the Strawberry farm instead of the cheese farm. Despite the poor weather, Paul kept our spirits high with his positive energy, flawless service and even dropped us off near Arthur Seats for a quick photo session of the gorgeous scenery.

I did a lot of research in hope of finding the "right" tour for my family visiting from overseas, I must say that although Vinetrekker is slightly more expensive than other tours, it was definitely more than worth it. Excellent day, service and you will get more than you'd expect. It was the best tour I have ever been on and he impressed my family (which i must say, is hard to do) and myself. Next time I have to plan for trips, I know who to go to :)

Thanks Paul!

1 Thank Flora_c3686
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Absolutely delighted the day was so successful and all your hard work was recognised by the family. With a diverse range of interests and different ages, it's always difficult to keep everyone happy but pleased we managed to cover all bases. Fortunately, the Mornington Peninsula offers a great degree of variety and while it's challenging at times to keep everyone happy, it usually works out very well. My compliments to you and the family for being such good fun, courteous and friendly. You were a joy to look after and I'd be thrilled to have you travel with us again. All the best and enjoy the wine !