“Easter Monday Trip 2012”

Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 157.11*
and up
Yarra Valley Food and Wine Day Trip from Melbourne Including Lunch at Yering...
Ranked #1 of 250 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vinetrekker offers daily winery tours of the Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula and Macedon Ranges wine regions surrounding Melbourne. A Vinetrekker journey is a well rounded exploration of the region we visit, providing fine food and wine at a leisurely pace. We offer public and private tours, full day and overnight, so a tailored itinerary can be provided just for you.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Easter Monday Trip 2012”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Planning for day trip for a group of 10 visiting from overseas meant i had my hands full with everyone wanting to see/do different things. From the very beginning, Paul made it very easy for me despite going back and forth to him with endless changes. Highly recommend Paul to anyone. We made a trip to Mornington Peninsula to 3 beautiful wineries + Chocolate stop + strawberry farm + scenic route/stop, lunch at Salix was great overseeing Willows Creek Winery. It was absolutely wonderful. Paul was incredibly attentive, friendly, accommodating and he fitted right in with the pack which is always hard especially when they are from overseas. During the trip, we had a last minute change to one of the destination and Paul was very accommodating in agreeing with no fuss to bring us to the Strawberry farm instead of the cheese farm. Despite the poor weather, Paul kept our spirits high with his positive energy, flawless service and even dropped us off near Arthur Seats for a quick photo session of the gorgeous scenery.

I did a lot of research in hope of finding the "right" tour for my family visiting from overseas, I must say that although Vinetrekker is slightly more expensive than other tours, it was definitely more than worth it. Excellent day, service and you will get more than you'd expect. It was the best tour I have ever been on and he impressed my family (which i must say, is hard to do) and myself. Next time I have to plan for trips, I know who to go to :)

Thanks Paul!

1 Thank Flora_c3686
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Absolutely delighted the day was so successful and all your hard work was recognised by the family. With a diverse range of interests and different ages, it's always difficult to keep everyone happy but pleased we managed to cover all bases. Fortunately, the Mornington Peninsula offers a great degree of variety and while it's challenging at times to keep everyone happy, it usually works out very well. My compliments to you and the family for being such good fun, courteous and friendly. You were a joy to look after and I'd be thrilled to have you travel with us again. All the best and enjoy the wine !

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5* tour of the Yarra”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I booked this all very last minute but Paul returned my call to Malaysia within a short while of my enquiry and just days before the proposed tour. His professional manner and "nothing was too much trouble" attitude set the tone for what was to be a fabulous day. We were picked up on time by our guide Steve who was not only very enthusiastic but also an excellent driver. His commentary throughout the whole tour was most informative and kept us thoroughly entertained! We had a personal guide around Healesville sanctuary was much more than we had expected and it was a real treat to be taken in the "back entrance " to avoid the Good Friday crowds. Lunch at Yering Station was an excellent choice with a good selection of food and wine available. Then it was on to De Bortoli vineyard where we had the chance to sample some fine wines helped down by a selection of cheeses which Steve had organised for us. A really great touch. Our drive back to the city took us along some back roads in the hope of seeing some kangaroos in the wild and we were not disappointed. A fantastic day out and very highly recommended.

1 Thank burmaqueen
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of the day and I'm absolutely delighted that it met your expectations plus some. It's an outstanding region to take visitors to and when you're able to combine some wildlife with glorious wines and spectacular food, you've got a perfect recipe for a great day out. We're very fortunate to have someone as passionate as Stephen hosting the tours and the respect in which he's held s obvious to see.

Hope you get the chance to return to Melbourne and we can have you travel with us to another region. All the best and thanks again for the business.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spectacular day, spectacular tour, spectacular host.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a truly fantastic tour Paul operates - he's incredibly attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and in-tune with what his customers are looking for in a Yarra tour.

My wife had organised the day trip for my birthday and I had no idea what all we'd be getting up to; needless to say the whole experience was a massive winner. Paul knows his trade, and most importantly, he knows customer service. He remembered our names, listened carefully as we discussed our favourites and did a FANTASTIC job of talking us through wines at all our stops. We managed to sneak in an extra stop at Yarra Yering (delicious!) as well.

All of the wineries knew Paul, and it was clear he has earned their respect for running a top-class service -- as he has earned ours as customers. Paul was careful to talk to all of us on the tour (five in total, my wife and I and three others whom we didn't know, but got to know during the course of the day) -- he could tell what we each liked and didn't like and made sure everyone was included in the experience.

We'll definitely be booking again with him in the future, either for another Yarra adventure, or one of his other trips.

Great day and great tour, definitely worth booking with Paul and Vinetrekker!

1 Thank howyagoin
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the day and I'm thrilled that the day met your expectations plus some. It's always a joy to host a group of people who are into the day and love their wines like you did. And it's a beautiful part of Victoria too, one you never get sick of visiting. I'm also delighted the birthday surprise didn't disappoint and you've got some glorious wines to enjoy. Looking forward to having you travel with us again. All the best.
Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day Trip in the Yarra Valley”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Absolutely wonderful trip! Healesville Sanctuary and wine tasting on a really beautiful day! Morning tea at Healesville and time to play with the sleepy Koala and feed the Roos. Then on to Yering Station for wine tastings and Lunch. Kangaroo is quite tasty. Finally, wine tasting at De Bortoli. What a beautiful valley filled with wineries, cattle, sheep and wild kangaroos. I could live there!. Thanks to the other travelers that made the trip really fun. Cheers! Darla

Visited March 2012
Paul R, Owner at Vinetrekker Wine and Food Tours, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the day and absolutely delighted you had the day you did. The Yarra Valley is certainly a beautiful part of Victoria and to see it as you did, around harvest time is seeing it at its best. And you can be lucky to have the right people travelling with you as we did on that day. All the best and thanks again for the business, it was greatly appreciated.
Philadelphia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great way to experience the Yarra Valley”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We did three different wine tours on our recent trip to New Zealand and Australia and this one was, by far, the best. We chose to do the combined food, wine, and wildlife tour, which took us from Melbourne to the Healesville Sanctuary, then to a fantastic lunch and wine tasting at Yering Station and another wine tasting at De Bortoli estate. Paul was our excellent tour guide, but at Healesville, he handed us off to Terry, a volunteer with Healesville for 24 years who really knows the sanctuary and the animals. Low-key, relaxed, fun, and informative.

The sanctuary, wineries, and wine were all fantastic, but what we think really made this tour outstanding was Paul. He seemed to have great relationships with the people working at the sanctuary and both wineries, and as a result, we think we got special treatment. Also, we really enjoyed spending time with the other people on our tour. All in all, it was a fantastic day and a good value.

Visited March 2012
Delighted to hear your day in the Valley was the best of the wine tours you undertook and can't say I'm surprised. It's a world class region that offers so much and all so close to Melbourne. The relationships we have with the various properties are incredibly important to us and by working on them we ensure continued good service for our guests. Thanks for being terrific passengers and assisting in the flow of the day with the other guests. All the best and trust you're able to make it back to Melbourne before too long.