We've now stayed at a couple of Art Series Hotels, this was our first time at the Olsen.
Check-in was breezy, front desk is smart and friendly, the lobby was bustling as we were checked into the clerks favourite room.
Arriving in the room it was easy to see why it ranked as a fave, with a night view down Chapel Street, all lit up, our 12th floor room certainly set a mood.
The rooms are a little more subdued than the groups other hotels, Olsen is one of my most admired Australian artists, we landed in a frog room.
Ice in the ice trays would have saved a call to room service, however, room service was at our door within 10 minutes of the call.
Sitting, chatting,gazing down on Chapel Street as the lights slowly meandered like a neon python we sipped our G&Ts, got lost in time together.
The bed was super-comfortable, I slept like a babe (apparently I snore, I doubt it) My bunkbuddy however didn't fair so well in the zzzzzzzs, the constant clatter of the lift regularly breaking her sleep.
Room service breakfast was efficient, the chipolatas weren't the best, but the coffee was good.
GRIPE! We requested a room away from the elevators, ooops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on Melbourne’s prestigious Chapel Street, The Olsen Hotel offers travelers premier South Yarra accommodation with 229 elegant five-star suites that are infused with the lyrical works of revered Australian Landscape artist Dr John Olsen. Breathtaking mural and sculpture greet you on arrival and large prints adorn all hallways and suites. This boutique Melbourne hotel is complimented by a day spa and two delicious restaurants; you will be reveling in the Art of [Creature Comforts]. At The Olsen Hotel, one can sleep soundly on Art Series Signature bedding, plunge into the spectacular glass bottom pool with Chapel Street shoppers below, work out in our state-of-the-art gymnasium or step out for some retail therapy. These South Yarra accommodations offer plentiful natural light and are thoughtfully appointed with 42” flatscreen televisions, wireless internet access and complete kitchenettes.For a longer stay settle into an exclusive art inspired residential suite.Olsen is regarded as one of Australia’s greatest living painters and won the Archibald Prize in 2005 for his portrait Self Portrait Janus Faced.Experience Olsen’s charm, wit and passion for life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Art Series Hotels, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Art Series - The Olsen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Series - The Olsen Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Olsen Melbourne, Victoria