All reviews train station chapel street great location large balcony bedroom apartment these apartments self catering secure parking public transport washing machine rooms are modern great apartment per night full kitchen botanical gardens a great place to stay comfortable bed
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed with my daughter in a Studio for two nights recently and found it a great place to stay. The guys on reception are switched on, friendly and have local knowledge on cafes & shopping. Our studio was on the 7th floor facing away from the train station which meant we had a good nights sleep. The location is very good and minutes walk to the train station or the tram. Saturday and Sunday have all day travel for around $3.50 so you can get around the city. Thanks for posting my daughter's skirt back as left in the room. Loved our stay in Melbourne.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank canberra1
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed for business for 2 nights at the end of August. Got it for a good price on hotels.com. On arrival all good - quick check in, free parking (bonus) and got top floor. Went to apartment - looked nice, clean etc. However after sitting doing some computer work, the train noise was reasonably loud. I know trains start quite early and didn't want to be woken at 5:00am! So i shifted rooms which was done quickly without fuss. New room fine - different lay out as it was fitted for disability, but noise from train much better

The biggest issue i have (and scoring a 3 instead of 4) is that i smelt smoke coming into my room from another room across the hall. I rang reception who said he would look into it. 20 min later i rang again and he said it was likely to be from an apartment what is an owner/occupier, so he can't do anything about it. Not so keen on staying if i have to have cigarette smoke in my room!

Room Tip: Away from train line
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott_Fiona_Anjali
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Hi,

I have just come back from a weekend away in Melbourne. We stayed at the South Yarra grand Hotel in the 1 bedroom apartment on the 12th Floor.

Well I have to stay that this place is great place to stay. The 1 bedroom apartment is not to small and not to big just enough space for two people.

There is secured parking which cost $12 a night but we weren't even granted a spot we just had to make hope thats there was a spot when we get back from sigt seeing.

But overall I was very happy with this apartment. I would recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights over the weekend. Very nice apartments, fully self contained and close to all you need.

Across the road from the South Yarra railway station, so handy to get into the city, and within walking distance of Chapel St and lots of good restaurants and shopping.

Recommended for the price was on special at $145 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for room at rear of property away from railway line
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Enjoyed my 8 nights in my studio apartment. Everything I needed. One day when I got back from being out room service hadn't finished on floor but staff were very obliging and catered to my early return to room. The two managers were fantastic. Couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. I have one query as I think I left an item behind but waiting on a response 24 hours later.

Fantastic restaurants and facilities nearby including the best tapas I have ever had in lane way beside apartments. Will definitely stay again. Well done Punthill South Yarra Grand.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
KeiranS, Public Relations Manager at Punthill South Yarra Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Jewels0856

Thanks so much for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor. 8 night's in a Studio Apartment at South Yarra Grand sure is enough time to get a good feel for the local area. We are so fortunate to have some of the best new restaurants in Melbourne opening on our doorstep and I agree; the tapas at Veloce are amazing!

We are pleased to say that are management/front desk pride themselves on offering excellent service and your comments certainly support their high standards.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.