“Viking food valhalla”

Ranked #288 of 4,657 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First impressions are everything and if a hulking medieval door opening to a floating Viking ship above your head with Odin himself looking over you doesn’t do it, you’ve set the bar too high.
From the bar to the restaurant the walls are strewn with fantastic Viking relics, stone archways, costumed staff and heavy wood furniture to complete this feast hall fit for well groomed Vikings.
The food experience on par with all the sights, meaty goodness in a simple but delicious menu, I doubt Vikings ate this well! We tried the oysters( fresh and tasty), bone marrow, lamb and chicken(both great choices, full of flavour, hard to forget), but the bone marrow stole the show, highly recommended, there was even an option to drink hot whiskey shots off the bone cavity!
The staffs were very attentive and welcoming, I was told they had run out of one my menu choices but they endeavoured to somehow pluck it out of non existence and still present it to me none the less. We had come as a birthday dinner and the staff had prepared a card and a gift that was above and beyond anything I’d expected, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal experience and staff at Mjolner and look forward to returning.

Date of visit: March 2018