4,223 results
All reviews the executive lounge south wharf relaxation suite yarra river hilton hotel yarra suite convention center blackout blinds dfo shopping crown casino floor to ceiling windows attending a conference city view walk in shower short walk buffet breakfast room service
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My daughter booked this staycation for the family but it was a bit of a disappointment. The staff are wonderful and I don’t think I have encountered friendlier staff anyway. Housekeeping was very good but the rooms were very in need of updating. Wear and tear on the walls, floors etc was terrible. We had the 2 bedroom suite on 19th floor. The view was fantastic. It is a shame that little things let this place down.
Good:
1. Breakfast was great
2. View fantastic
3. Great end of town
4. Staff are the BEST
Bad:
1. Scuffs on walls and huge dents
2. Bath tap loose and came off in my hand
3. Dust in rooms
4. Cups missing from cupboard
Worst thing was we paid for self parking in our staycation package. When we wanted to park the car staff said not to worry they would park the car and we would get a voucher on departure to get out. When we asked at end of stay we were told we had taken up valet parking $50 a day!!! Not even a refund of our self parking. $100 out of pocket for what we thought was just a courtesy.

This was a shame as it really reflected badly on what was otherwise a great stay.

Thank you though to the great staff. Shame manage,ent does not have your ethics

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank chezmelbourne
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic location, close to everything. The view from the hotel is amazing, especially if you have a room on a higher floor. However, the best thing was the breakfast. Never tasted such a fantastic and varied breakfast buffet. We will be back here asap!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Anri,

Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's location, view and breakfast. Your feedback serves as great motivation for us all.

We all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We must have stayed here a dozen times when it was the Hilton, as it has been our preferred destination for a few years now for city breaks, and coming in from the west (Geelong) it couldn't be more accessible. So we were eager to see what has changed. The lobby has been refreshed with lighter walls and some modern furniture with splashes of color, while retaining the beautiful dark timber and quirky artwork that we love. Check in and out is always speedy here and as we often are, we were switched to a river view room, which is much nicer to look at than the freeway and bridge we drove in on.

Our room had been re-carpeted and given a lift with some new furnishings. We love the huge beds, over-sized pillows and functional bathroom layout. I always forget to bring something for the bath and would suggest management could perhaps include a bath bomb with the toiletries.

Despite staying here so many times we had never had breakfast here. I tend to avoid breakfast buffets as they bring out the worst in people and as a coeliac and vegetarian I begrudge paying full price when I can't eat much of the food. However this time we booked a deal where parking and breakfast were included for just a few dollars more and we were really impressed. There was a really good choice of food and actually lots of GF and vegetarian for me. There was even a juicer for DIY fresh juice which was very popular judging by the queue yet a bit of a novelty with many almost full glasses left on tables. That sort of wastage just annoys me.

We were a bit confused about the Pan Pacific Club on 4th floor, At checkin we were told we could have breakfast there or on the ground floor. But when we got to the 4th floor we found a locked door and no one in sight. Anyhow we were more than happy with the buffet.

Minor issue - we stayed the night after clocks went back. Our alarm clock in our room was still on daylight saving time as was the clock in the elevator. We thought a big hotel would be on top of this sort of thing!

A bonus for those who like to breathe clean air - the tables that sit out the front of the lobby now have no smoking signs on them so smokers now congregate near the convenience store and not outside the entrance where the wind would carry the stench of smoke into the lobby. A win for common sense there.

So apart from the name change and some refurb it's still a fantastic hotel and will continue to be our choice when staying in Melbourne.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

I was delighted to note from your ratings and comments that you enjoyed your overall stay. It's very encouraging to receive such a detailed, positive feedback on our newly refurbished lobby and hotel. I also greatly appreciate your comments on our views, room, service and breakfast. Our buffet does have a great variety and I am glad you enjoyed it. Your feedback serves as a great motivation for us all.

However, I have also noted your comment on the confusion related to the Pacific Club access and incorrect timings in the elevators and room alarm clock. This is completely unacceptable and not the standard you expect from a hotel of our class and calibre. I sincerely regret the inconvenience or disappointment caused. I would like to assure you I have personally raised this with my relevant Heads of Department to investigate this further and take the appropriate action to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest.

I greatly appreciate your specific feedback. We will be a better hotel for acting on your comments than we would be without them. They certainly assist me in precise follow up with our team. Please be assured we are committed to raising the bar on this right away.

Thank you once again for your time and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Melbourne in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Amazing views of the skyline, bay and river. Directly above South Wharf DFO, dining and bars with in 100 metres of the hotel with river views .Great facilities, Well appointed rooms with everything you need.staff were very friendly and the Buffet breakfast is worth having.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Adrian,

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service, facilities and location. Your feedback serves as great motivation for us all.

We all look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed for 1 night at the Pan Pacific Melbourne on a short business trip. First impressions from entering the lobby were modern and stylish. Simple, quick and friendly check in process. My room on the 11th floor overlooked the Western Suburbs direction giving a beautiful panoramic view. Overall the room was spacious, super clean, tastefully decorated and very quiet. I had a wonderful relaxing night sleep on the super soft bed.
My only 2 negatives would be the super slippery bathroom floor once a tiny bit of water gets on it when exiting the shower. And the other was a staff member entering my room shortly after check when I was in the shower. A little embarrassing. But a prompt phone call from the duty manager to apologise for the inconvenience was gratefully accepted.
The cafe just off the lobby was a nice peaceful place to sit and enjoy a tasty coffee and the service was very attentive and pleasant.
Overall I would highly recommend the Pan Pacific Melbourne. It is conveniently located and as it was a very busy weekend due to a large event next door the hotel atmosphere still seemed relaxed, organised and quiet. Definitely a comfortable and classy hotel that I would happily stay at again.
Great job.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Andrew,

I was delighted to note from your ratings that you enjoyed the room and your overall stay. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback on our newly refurbished lobby, location, views, decor and staff. Rest assured I will share your compliments with the team as it is particularly motivating for them to receive feedback like the ones you provide.

However, I am truly disappointed to learn of your experience due to the bathroom floor and our staff member accessing your room. This is really embarrassing from our side and not the standard your expect from a hotel of our class and calibre. I completely understand your disappointment in this matter and sincerely regret the discomfort caused. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience we deliver. I have personally addressed your comments with my team and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that our guests' experience is of the quality that is expected of the Pan Pacific brand.

Once again, please accept our deepest regret. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Melbourne in the not too distant future.