Pan Pacific Melbourne
Oaks on Lonsdale(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 173*
USD 113*
  • Free Internet
USD 96*
  • Bar/Lounge
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 198*
USD 109*
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 179*
USD 174*
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 169*
USD 138*
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Blackman(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 191*
USD 140*
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Pensione Hotel Melbourne - by 8Hotels(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
USD 76*
Agoda.com
USD 101*
USD 85*
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
USD 148*
USD 53*
USD 49*
  • Breakfast included
3,953 results
All reviewsthe executive loungesouth wharfrelaxation suiteyarra riverhilton hotelyarra suiteconvention centerblackout blindsblack out blindsdfo shoppingcrown casinofloor to ceiling windowscity viewattending a conferencewalk in showershort walkroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My partner and I spent 3 days over Easter in a corner Relaxation Suite and were very happy with EVERYTHING - from our arrival, check in, facilities, Executive Lounge and soooooo comfy bed! The floor to ceiling windows do it for me.....watching the sparkle of the city lights to the sun peeping thru as people begin their day on the roads. With the casino over the road and Tramcar Restaurant pick up just a bit further at the corner, we had a totally relaxing time in a luxurious hotel enjoying our wonderful city! We are local, just over the westgate, but don't like the traffic in and about the city on a Fri or Sat night so its less stressful to stay in the Hilton and both be able to drink and enjoy the wonderful food and not have to fight the
traffic. The Hilton is gorgeous, theres something for everyone at this location; shopping, food, entertainment; it just depends on what youre willing to spend. We recommend the Hilton at Southwharf to anyone wanting a break from the day to day busy-ness to relax in sophistication, warmth and elegance.

1  Thank Shala M
HiltonSouthWharf, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

I sincerely appreciate your great review.

I’m sure all your fellow travelers will find this feedback extremely helpful. Thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back to HIlton Melbourne South Wharf soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights here over Easter 2012, and we enjoyed our stay. We arrived around dinnertime, and despite pre-paying our entire stay, the King Guest Room we booked was sold out. Fortunately we were upgraded to the next best room, the Deluxe. Not having stayed in a standard room at this hotel, we were unable to compare the two. However, the Deluxe room had an amazing view up the Yarra River to Crown Casino and South Bank Promenade and the Gas Giants put on an amazing show every night.

The Deluxe room was spacious, with a lovely walk-in shower and separate bath, and a toilet behind a privacy door. However, with no door on the shower itself, it was a tad on the cold side in the morning, and had very limited shelving to place toiletries. The adjustable shower head was great, and the mixer tap made it easy to keep it the same temperature every time. Despite having lights on the side, the mirror fogged badly, and it was actually difficult to see well in the mirror with the only real lighting coming from the two on either side of the mirror.

The bed was average, and not what I expected for the price we paid. It was a king mattress on a split-king base, which caused a very large hump in the middle of the bed. I slept on the left side, and found it had a deep hollow, which together with the hump prevented me from getting closer to my husband during the night, and I also had a hard time not rolling right to the edge of the bed (and consequently, off the bed). We had to request a top sheet and a thin blanket as we were supplied only with a heavy and very hot feather quilt and feather pillows (despite requesting a feather-free room when booking), I was grateful I brought my own pillow from home. Housekeeping short-sheeted the bed every time it was changed (four times in our 7 day stay), lowering the blanket and sheet to chest-height so we had to re-make the bed after every change so the bedding came up to our necks! Turn down service is the bomb, though - over the Easter weekend we received baby Lindt gold bunny eggs, and for the remaining nights we received Lindt squares in mint, caramel and dark chocolate. Really nice touch.

The air conditioning was adequate, but the bed would have been better placed in front of the window where the comfy chair was, as it is the coolest location in the room (or warmest, if you need the heat on), and even when the fan was on high, it was not obnoxiously loud, unlike other places we have stayed. The automatic, channelled blockout blind was awesome - the best I have ever encountered. It blocked the light so well, we had difficulty believing it was morning when the alarm went off each day. I loved it so much, we are sourcing one for our bedroom at home when we renovate!

Unlike other Hilton hotels we have stayed at, the lifts were prompt, fast and highly responsive - sometimes they were even waiting for us as we walked up and pressed the button. Rarely did we have more than a 15 second wait! Brilliant.

The ironing board must have been created for little people, because at 5ft 10, it barely came up to my hips and was half the length of a standard board - making it difficult to iron anything. The iron (a Phillips, I believe), however, was one of the best I have ever encountered in a hotel, anywhere we have stayed, even if the steam function was a bit dodgy. Coffee facilities were adequate with instant coffee sachets (both regular and decaffeinated), assorted teas, sweeteners and sugar, and long life milk in the fridge. Real milk was available on request from the Concierge, which was a nice touch. Unlike other places we have stayed, use of the fridge was free, allowing us to store our own cheaply-procured supermarket water (and my insulin) without charge, and we did not have to use the very expensive mini-bar water bottles.

Breakfast was average, especially compared to other Hilton's we have stayed and dined at. The scrambled eggs were tasteless and lukewarm, the poached eggs were cold, the bacon was like wet leather (and the bain-marie it sat in had a broken lid for our entire stay, meaning it was very difficult to serve without putting down one's plate or dropping things), the baked beans were lukewarm, the gluten-free bread was stale and one morning was displayed with mould on it. There was a chunk of gluten-free fruit loaf, but no knife supplied to cut it with (when asked, it took thirty minutes for one to appear, by which time I had finished my breakfast!), and on two of our 7 mornings (over Easter), there was no gluten-free bread at all. The coffee was lukewarm every morning - even the ordered separately long blacks I resorted to were downed in one guzzle. And forget trying to get more than one coffee - we managed it once in 7 days! And there were no gluten free options for waffles or pancakes, and no gluten-free cereals at all. All in all, one of the most disappointing breakfast buffets I have ever encountered at any hotel I have stayed in. We were prepared to give the Kitchen the benefit of the doubt over the Easter long weekend, but nothing changed once the public holidays were over, which was disappointing.

We found the location very good, especially since the function we attended was right next door at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC). There's a DFO (Direct Factory Outlets) complex right next door, with some very good shops and an adequate food hall for cheap daytime meals, and there are a number of interesting restaurants in the local vicinity. The on-site restaurant, Nuevo37, was very overpriced with few real choices (especially for those with food allergies like celiac/gluten intolerance) - more cuisine than food. Crown Casino is about a ten minute walk, past the MCEC, and they had a reasonable food hall, expensive restaurants and some mid-range restaurants on the Casino floor. Along the South Bank Promenade were even more restaurants, and visitors are spoiled for choice.

Trams were just a short walk north over the footbridge to Flinders Street (free City Circle and #70 East/West, which both ran to Docklands), or a slightly longer walk down to Clarendon Street (a plethora of trams that run North/South, especially the St Kilda trams, into the CBD), near Crown Casino. The South Wharf Promenade and the South Bank Promenade are both a lovely walk, especially in the cool, Autumn evenings.

All the staff we encountered at The Hilton were cheerful, helpful and caring.Despite its shortcomings, we would have no hesitation in staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Eastern rooms have a great view of Southbank and the Gas Giants on the Crown Promenade
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JadziaOz
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Overall we had a very good stay at Hilton South Wharf. It was interesting that when we were checking in we were upgraded to the same suite we had booked. Being an HH Honours Gold member we could have booked a standard room for the chance we could have been upgraded to the suite.

The Yarra suite was fantastic, the Magic service attended to all of our needs. Most of all the value of the access to the Executive Lounge was beyond belief. The staff there were very cheery and made us feel valued and at home. Particular thanks to Cara.

We were blown away with out special meal in Nuevo 37. It took us 20 minutes to get through the wine list.

We look forward to visiting really soon!

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with your fellow travelers!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your comment about the upgrade, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be able to investigate this for you.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We arrived after a LONG day after flying in from LAX. It was a pleasant surprise to find our room ready at 10 am and the complimentary upgrade. We had access to the executive floor lounge for breakfast, etc. and it is the best we have ever seen around the world at a Hilton. Overall the stay there was absolutely outstanding.

3  Thank dil345
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Recently stayed in a Queen Family Room during Global Atheist Convention at the adjoining Melbourne Convention Centre. The rooms are modern and clean, with bathroom ameneties including moisturiser, shower cap and razor (I asked reception for that). The blackout blinds are an excellent touch, keeping the room completely dark for that perfect sleep in which is great because the beds and the duvets are supremely comfortable. There's also a pillow menu if the ones in your room aren't to your liking. But breakfast is really where the magic happens here. The breakfast buffet is the best I've had in Melbourne. The standard fare is there, but there's a great selection of cold meats, including fish, and pastries baked continuously throughout the morning. Perfectly located for anyone attending a convention, Crown Casino or the Exhibition Centre. Plenty or restaurants nearby. Love it. Will definitely be a regular.

The only negative was the reservation process. I made the mistake of calling the hotel rather than doing it online. The lady I spoke to had very limited English. I had to spell my name 4 times, had to spell Victoria twice. The reservation process took over 20 minutes which was very frustrating.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family