I stayed here for a week while attending the Australian Open on business and had a fantastic experience.
The rooms are of a very high standard with a superb superking bed, excellent blackout curtains and a huge bathroom with both shower and bath and an excellent range of toiletries. The staff here are very attentive and there are some nice extra touches that you don't normally find in a hotel catering mainly for business clients, such as scented gifts left on the bed every day by housekeeping.
The location is a little way out of the centre of Melbourne (maybe a 15 minute walk) so it suits someone who doesn't mind what is a pleasant stroll along the waterfront past the Crown casino to get to the heart of Melbourne. The Olympic Park was approximately a half hour walk.
I ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions and the food was extremely good but priced as it always is in five star hotels, at least this time it was better than the average food you can sometimes get. The gym is well stocked and very modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf is located in the riverside South Wharf leisure precinct, on the banks of the Yarra River. Overlooking heritage sheds filled with dining and bar options and the Polly Woodside tall ship, the 396 bedroom hotel is a 10 minute walk to Etihad Stadium, the Melbourne Aquarium, Crown Entertainment Complex and Southbank. The free City Circle tram stops just across the river from the hotel, taking guests to the historic city centre, renowned Melbourne laneways and major tourist attractions. At the hotel, it is easy to indulge and relax, no matter what the occasion. With floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular views from every room, the Relaxation and Yarra Suites offer dramatic ambiance for a romantic getaway. The unique Two-Bedroom Suites are ideal for families or for longer stays. The expansive executive lounge features a riverside outdoor terrace on which to enjoy an aperitif at the end of a day's sightseeing, and complimentary breakfast. The hotel also offers in-room spa and massage services, a spacious complimentary Fitness Centre, upmarket Dock 37 Bar and Kitchen and casual Caffe Cino. The hotel offers guests the expertise of the Hilton brand, and the bold styling, intimate service and stylish boutique touches of an innovative, modern hotel - a perfect city getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotelopia, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Melbourne South Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Hotel Melbourne
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf Victoria