“Delightful experience”

Ranked #1,301 of 4,656 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Following a visit to Prahran market my granddaughter and I fancied having a meal and happened upon this place. What a lucky find it turned out to be !!
We were offered a choice of tables and decided to eat at an outside table. The waitress was a delight and helped make the experience so good.
My granddaughter is a vegetarian and was pleased with the options available. I like fish and salads and soon found what I wanted from the extensive menu.
Sevice was smart and the presentation of the delicious fare superb . Even the wine glasses were classy , as was the wine served in them.
Prices were reasnoable too.
Altogether a great experience.
Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went there twice in the past week and both times were fantastic. Our waiter was really really good. The service overall is very good. The place is specious and modern and has a great vibe.

Now the good. I loved the tuna entree although a bit different (others didn’t love it). The calamari looked a little beet red on the menu than on the plate (but there liked it)

The mains - sooo good. The whole chicken dish to share is simply to die for. The only place where I had such a good chicken dish was in Dirty French in NY. The steaks were top class.

The dessert was very good (the one with the coconut sorbet).

I’d come back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We booked an outside table for 4 people for lunch on Easter Friday. When we arrived the restaurant told us that our booking was for the following week and that the outside tables were closed because it was a holiday.
When we asked why we were not told this when we booked we were told that it was because we had booked on the internet,which was not the case, my wife having made the booking by phone.
The experience deteriorated further when the meal arrived. My fish cake was so so but my wife's calimari was a disgrace. It was very difficult to find any calimari in the accompanying salad. To make this worse the vinaigrette on the salad was so acidic that the meal was inedible.
To further add to our negative dining experience,the table service left a lot to be desired

Reviewed 29 March 2018

What a surprise! After arriving in Melbourne and walking in off the street we were greeted by a lovely young lady and offered two seating choices. The staff here are unobstrusively efficient, friendly and very helpful. We ordered the bread which came with the most delicious herb butter and the caramelised onion tart with goat’s cheese - delicious! My son opted for the wagyu beef while I had the fish - could not finish the side of yummy salad. However my son managed the ice cream sandwich with warm raspberry sauce. The whole meal was divine and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

If you are after a quality, beautifully served dinner in lovely surrounds, this is the place to head.
Serve staff are attentive and knowledgable, food is interesting and modern.
Our table choices included the wood fired chicken, calamari and MP fish, roasted cauliflower sides - no one was disappointed. You will pay a little more but as they say ' you get what you pay for'

Date of visit: February 2018