“One of the best modern Italian in Melbourne ”
Review of Osteria Ilaria

Osteria Ilaria
Ranked #29 of 4,581 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 21 - USD 61
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Casual Italian Osteria showcasing beverages from around the world with modern Italian cuisine. Great to drop in for a wine or relax on a banquette for a meal.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic place. We tried nearly every dish and could not fault any! Loved the gnocchi, loved the scallops, loved the octopus! Actually, loved it all!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Met up with my son, his girlfriend and as luck would have we snagged a 530pm table for 4.
Good service, excellent wine and beer options with a list and varied cocktail list.
We shared the scallops, octopus, kingfish and lamb entrees, finishing w a tortellini special. All dishes were excellent.
I believe the sister restaurant is Tip00, which if the food here is good then Tip00 worth a go too.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Due to heavy traffic in the city decided to go for dinner in the city with the family.

Walked into the restaurant without a reservation, and was offered a share table option.

Staff were responsive, and attentive to fulfilling our needs, and offered to cook something simpler for our 3 year old.

The wine list was extensive, and offered the choice of by the glass, or by the bottle, along with a list which offered cocktails, beers and other drinks.

For starters we had Zucchini flowers, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Grilled Calamari. All were delicious specially the calamari.

For main we had the Rangers Valley wagyu rump cap, Chickpea fries, and Salad, loved the wagyu rump, which was cooked perfectly.

Happy to have tried it, and think it would be a great place for a romantic dinner, or a catch up with friends.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I went here because it showed up on several "best of" lists in Melbourne including on TimeOut's best restaurant list. So I went. And I got the tasting menu. And it was, hands down, one of the top 3 meals of my life. Course after course was just amazing. And the service just added to it. And in the end, the final bill, with the US currency tradeoff, I think came to well under 100 bucks. I actually made my way into the kitchen to thank the chef. I've never done that before and everyone couldn't have been more gracious about it.

So if you were on the fence - and I can't imagine you would be - but if you are, go. You will not regret it.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This small Osteria has excellent food with a more than adequate wine list. The service is good and the casual ambiance makes it a relaxing and pleasant experience.
Some noise but if you ask for a table towards the back, you can have a conversation.