These guys advertise themselves as having a 24hr reception which is a joke as they close for 3hours from 1am-4am.So I turned up exhausted from my 10hour flight and they wouldnt check me in!Not only that but they were rude about it and while I waited until 4am to be checked in I had to sit around with all the drunk crazy people from the bar downstairs when all I wanted was to sleep!The bar is on the 2nd floor so if you do have the unfortunate time of staying here then make sure you're high up so you wont be kept awake all night by the loud music.The only thing going for this place is the location and thats it..greenhouse is just around the corner and so much cleaner,friendlier and value for money-take a detour there is my advice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flinders Backpackers is located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, which makes it the perfect location for every traveller! Every guest gets a FREE breakfast with make your own PANCAKES every morning to start his or her day off right. We have a HUGE common area for guest to enjoy with a NEW Movie room with a 70" TV and endless movie selection, FREE pool table and ping-pong table and a fully equipped kitchen with walk-in cool room. Staying with us will have you living amongst Melbourne's funky cafe and shopping district while only being a few minutes walk away from Flinders Station, South Bank and Federation Square. We offer great value accommodation across seven floors with 2, 3 and 4 bed dormitory rooms, twin and doubles private rooms all with shared bathroom facilities. After a day of exploring what Melbourne has to offer come home to some great events including bingo with great prizes, trivia, movie night with free popcorn and free meal nights. No free Wi-Fi but some of the cheapest Internet around. Our rooms: Every dorm room has individual security lockers, fan, secure card entry, linen, pillows and blankets provided. Towels are also available for hire. Please take note before booking: All guests must have international government issued photo ID in the form of a driver's license or passport and a credit card at time of check in All guests must be 18 years or older. Sorry no children. Flinders Backpackers is in the heart of the busy CBD. As such, guests may be disturbed by noise due to trams, traffic, and people on the busy streets surrounding the hostel. Friday and Saturday night's guests may also be disturbed by noise from the bar in the basement level ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Flinders Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flinders Station Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- Flinders Backpackers Melbourne, Victoria