“Terrible service & food ”
Review of Plus 5

Plus 5
Ranked #463 of 4,516 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Plus 5 is a boutique cocktail, tapas and pizza bar offering tasty wood fired cuisine alongside an array of international spirits, local beers & signature cocktails. The Plus 5 lounge features regular live music, weekly food & drinks specials & opens as late as 1am on weekends so no matter day of the week, there is always something to get excited about!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great location, terrible service & food. They initially brought the wrong wine, they then did ‘t have the wine we ordered off the menu, they were incredibly slow with service & the prawns were so over cooked & tough that we couldn’t get the meat out of the shell. All we got was a ‘sorry’ with no effort to put it right in any way. Despite this the manager still tried to charge us for the inedible food. My advice, avoid this place. We visit Melbourne regularly & there are far better options. PS - put some soap in the toilets, it’s a health risk!

Sam H, Manager at Plus 5, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi Ant,

Apologise for the delay in getting back to you regarding your above experience with us.

Our team here at Plus5 pride ourselves on not only our freshly made food but exceptional service to accompany it and I can honestly say this isn't a true reflection of how we operate.

If you would like to get in touch with me at samh@plus5bar.com.au then I would be happy to discuss with you further how we could hopefully not lose your custom just yet and win you back when you next return to Melbourne.

Kind regards,
Sam

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have previously had drinks at this venue which has been very pleasant with sofas and tables on the waterfront. The food presented also always looks great.

When we walked in we asked which beer was included in the happy hour and was told it was the coopers. We preferred a craft beer they previously had on happy hour.

My friend was not a fan of coopers and prefers more international style beers and craft beers and told the waiter this. As we were leaving the waiter said to my friend in an unfriendly way "what is wrong with him"

Quite rude and unprofessional! Its really our choice where and what we want to drink.

Sam H, Manager at Plus 5, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi Tommo,

First of all may I give my sincerest of apologies for the comment your friend received from a member of my team.

Having spoken with the member of staff involved himself he has assured me that it was meant to be a more light hearted jokey comment rather than a rude one.

Possibly it had been interpreted in the wrong light or delivered a little incorrectly.

Either way I really appreciate your nice comments regarding your previous visits to our establishment and hopefully this incident has deterred you from visiting us again.

If you wish to discuss this further please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at any point!

Kind regards,
Sam
samh@plus5bar.com.au

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Good pub drink/food menu. Great beer menu. Lots of places along the Wharf, but we liked this food menu. Had live music when we were there (Woman had a beautiful voice). Went back the next day to sit outside, in the shade, and enjoy the late afternoon sun. Our waiter Tom was good and we got Aussie Open hats through their partnership with Coopers! No, not "fine dining" but still 5 stars so it'll stand out among other places in the area.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Very poor service, come for a drink with my partner, decided to order some chips too. Chips took 15 mins while we were the only ones there. Then they sat on the bar for another 5 mins while 8 staff members stood around talking, before someone decided to bring them over to us. Also, chefs in dirty uniforms hanging around the bar and leaning on it is not a good look. Potential is huge for this venue, beautiful setting and location, flat out let down by its staff. Looked more like a social gathering than a workplace

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

A big group of us stopped by last week and they were able to accommodate us.

The staff were lovely and friendly.

The drinks and garlic bread were also great.

Great little spot for a drink and something to eat along the Wharf.