Lowest prices for your stay
USD 99
Free cancellation until 21/04/21
Expedia.comUSD 89
PricelineUSD 99
eDreamsUSD 99
All reviews albert park st kilda beach washing machine chapel street tram line balcony apartment city kitchenette dryer toaster stove
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I spent a night here and having stayed on previous occasions felt confident in my choice. Unfortunately I should have read current reviews before booking. The cash security deposit is now $400 I the dishwasher was broken, generally felt unclean on the room. I was graciously offered an alternative room. The second room fridge and dishwasher worked but it smelt mouldy. To late/tired to go through another room change I gave in and stayed where I was. The contrast when I changed hotels the next morning where I offered a cash security deposit that was declined because they know I take care of their property. No security deposit required. Safe guess where I'll be staying next trip.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lequack99
Seasons Hotel Group, Other at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear Lequack99,

Greeting's from Seasons Heritage Melbourne!

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. I would like to personally apologise for your less than expected stay with us. With regards to cash security deposit, it is the normal standard to be charged $400 for cash and $100 via credit card. Also in the future I do highly suggest informing us right away if there is anything unsatisfactory as we will be able to do a room change right away.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your stay experiences with us and please accept my sincerest apologies. We hope that you will once again choose to return to Seasons Heritage Melbourne. We would certainly like to retain you as a valued guest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2020

The front of the hotel was odd at first glance but after we were inside it made more sense. The front exterior and lobby were part of the old hotel with lots of character. The hallway to rooms was suddenly very modern. The room was nice as one bed was separated from the other with a door so it felt more suite-like.There was a nice kitchenette with dishwasher and stove and was reasonably equipped for our needs. We had a nice view of the city. The breakfast was good with a very nice variety. tThe staff was very nice and quite helpful. We were right across the street from the tram line and about a 15 minute walk to the train. There were 2 small grocery stores a few blocks away and four or five restaurants nearby. All in all we really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank ExploringParadise
Seasons Hotel Group, Other at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear Sherpa08573473712

Greetings from Seasons Heritage Melbourne!

I am grinned to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad to know that our services were up to mark.

Kudos to you for experiencing our rooms and I continue to get great comments from our guests too. It is kind of you to compliment our location and I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed our rooms.

Thank you once again for the warm review and we and the team at Seasons Heritage Melbourne bid you a pleasant day ahead!

Regards

Reviewed 9 January 2020

Horrible experience too expensive for the place, they change us to other room because ours smell like pee, dirty shower, dirty balcony and the new room was the same and worse more dirty and the tv was a joke. The receptionist went to spray the room it was like? You kidding me? Obviously work just for a few minutes. I couldn’t sleep because of the smell.
DON’T STAY THERE

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AngelaLaurentr
SeasonsHotelGroup, Manager at Seasons Heritage Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Angela

First of all, thank you for choosing Seasons Heritage Melbourne for your stay in Australia.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. We sincerely apologize your stay was unsatisfactory and we doesn't meet your expectations.

After investigation with the Reception staff, you metionned other housekeeping points in your room : yes, our Housekeeping Department confirmed it to us, so I'm sorry for that and several decisions have been taken to prevent this from happening again, and Reception teams organised your room move as soon as possible. With regards to the smell we have double checked both rooms before cleaning started and they were fine. I would be assuming the smell was coming from the shower drainage and that too has been checked.

Balconies are cleaned after every check out. During your stay, I think you noticed that Australia was dealing with the bushfire issue and weather was hazy for the past couple of weeks, and the dirt was coming to the balcony due to this.

Your feedback was shared with our team and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Sincerely
Eugene

Reviewed 28 December 2019

We have stayed here before and it was fine. Handy location with the the.stop out the front. Unfortunately this time we didn't have as good an experience. The reception wasn't manned all the time. The room wasn't serviced on the sunday (wasn't a public holiday). Unit could do with a good clean. Fault wasn't fixed until 2nd day and after repeated reporting. Car park lift broke down - they did it fixed that day but luckily we were trying to park when it was broken not trying to get out.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LindaH5033

Dear Linda

With regards to reception wasn't manned, we only have 1 staff per shift and if there is an emergency that another guest needs to be assisted, for example not knowing how to get out of the car park, we have to run to the basement to assist our guests or even if they need to take a short break at the washroom to relieve themselves, sadly they can't be standing there non stop 7 hours straight.

On room wasn't serviced, we always put a notice at the lift are at the ground floor on Saturday evenings, indicating that we only service rooms from Monday to Saturday's, and also stating we do not service rooms on Sunday's and Public Holidays.

Once again, do accept our apologies for the situation you have experienced.

Sincerely
Eugene

Reviewed 28 December 2019

You do not want to stay at this hotel! Please read the other reviews that share this sentiment!!

I cannot express my disappointment with this hotel and staff. Our room was disgusting the hygiene was below average, the room was falling apart at the skirting boards, the shower was mouldy, the air-conditioning unit didn’t work, the mattress was so old it sunk in the middle so you were basically sleeping on top of each other and the pillows were so old they were just lumps of cushioning!!

Spend the extra $100 to stay at a reputable hotel.

The staff were rude, unwelcoming and unhelpful.

I would never recommend this hotel and I would never stay there again. I honestly wish I had of read the other 10+ reviews about how disgusting it was before booking. The most I can do now is write a review and hope that it is read before someone else make the same mistake as us and books here!

Date of stay: December 2019