“Melba's great”

Melba Restaurant
Ranked #92 of 4,023 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: USD 17 - USD 100
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
“Melba's great”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed at the Langham for a few nights...ate quite a lot at this restaurant...although there were a lot of restaurants too choose from on Southbank we found the food great and came back for more

1 Thank ronncar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
“Lovely surrounds”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We went here for my mother inlaws 80th and did the buffet, which I must add I never would normally do as I don't like buffets. There was not one complaint about the food as it was fantastic. Probably a little on the expensive side and drinks are definatley expensive but it really is worth the money particularly for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lynne P
“Magnificent Buffet Lunch”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My sisters came from many parts of Australia for our mothers 8oth birthday March 2011.
, Buffet Lunch on weekdays was 55 AUS + drinks per person
Food was magnificent, though drinks were very expensive. We arrived @ 12.00 noon , steadly cruised through Hot, Cold and Seafood Buffets, including Asian, Italian, Peking Duck,Meat Carvery ,Hot Vegetables & Salads, just writing this review makes me hungry thinking about it.
Hot Food stopped @ 2.30pm, we then had dessets from an extensive range
.Coffee & Tea were privided, we waddled out from Lunch @ 4.10pm. I have since been back to Lunch 5 times for special occasions , last time March 12th for my mother's 81st Birthday
I have stayed 3 times at Langhams over 4 year period, always plesed with service

5 Thank ryano55
“fantastic meal”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

we had a wonderful meal at the melba restaurant, we will be back again

Visited March 2012
Sydney Australia
“Overpriced and Mediocre”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Despite The Langham being a lovely hotel to stay in, Melba is just another average hotel restaurant. The buffet is fine if you interested in eating as much as you can (which I'm not) - but if you are interested in quality and not quantity, you will be very disappointed. Lots of bain marie food that inevitably ends up past it's prime, mass produced desserts and an atmosphere in the dining room of a cafeteria. We paid $80 a head which is highway robbery for very average food. The night before we ate a restaurant that is rated as being one of the best in the country, and paid about the same for a truly memorable meal. I'm sorry I broke my rule of not dining in hotel restaurants (they are never good) and frankly feel a bit ripped off by the experience. The screaming kids all over the dining room didn't help either.

• Visited March 2012