Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bunk beds the ground floor short stay hostel city
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2020

On our way to tassie the staff were amazing bent over backwards to make sure we were happy so we booked in to stay on our trip home. After 11 hours on the ferry we were happy that we had somewhere to drive straight to . Staff this time though had rude horrible couldn’t give a toss if you prepaid attitude. Lost our car booking made us repay for parking, kids found a drug “gas” container in the room they didn’t care and were just plain RUDE. Very disappointed to say the least .

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Famoustofour
Urban-GM, General Manager at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your stay with us.
It's great to hear your first stay was amazing and I'm sorry that we weren't able to keep up the standard that we both would have expected.
Our small onsite gated carpark costs $15 per night and we are unable to make reservations for this in advance.
We appreciate all feedback and thank you again for taking the time to provide this information.

Reviewed 22 December 2019

Worst hostel I have ever stayed at!! Full of criminals. Dirty rooms, disgusting kitchen and horrible rude staff. One in particular that works in reception that I have reported.... worst hostel and worst customer service I have ever known. I have been warned by other people about the hostel. Everywhere stinks, smoking inside disgusting place!! Be warned..shady characters staying there and a lot of long term old creepy men permanently living there. The bar open to the public, bringing a lot Of weirdos there. As a female traveller on my own I felt incredibly unsafe. Would defiantly not stay here again nor recommend anybody else to stay here. Had the worst experience here ruined my travelling experience.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ammie199211111

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.
We are a non smoking building with 24 hour reception in the Southbank district of Melbourne.
All of our rooms are four share dorm rooms with individual lockers, power points, heating/air con. Linen and bedding is included and you may rent a towel for $5 from reception if you don't have your own. We also supply free rice, pasta, tea and coffee in our kitchen.
Our cleaning staff pride themselves in providing a clean and hygienic venue which we receive alot of compliments on.
Our onsite bar, is open nightly to guests and the public from 4.30pm. We adhere to the strict liquor licencing requirements and ensure all of our welcomed guests have a safe and enjoyable time. Nightly happy hour and bar activities provide free entertainment for everyone.
I'm sorry to hear your stay did not go as well as we both would have liked. If you would like to provide more information on your dates of stay and your name, I'd be happy to look into this further.
Please feel free to email us directly.
Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate all comments regarding our business.

Reviewed 24 November 2019

This at first sight seemed like a backpackers hotel with shared rooms, but if one elected for a family room, there were some excellent well equipped rooms overlooking the city, with good facilities, though cooking etc was available on a shared basis on the ground floor. Near to the Yarra Bridge and Heliport, and worth a short stay on ther basis described.

Room tip: Family rooms are best on higher floors.
Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Urban Central Accommodation.
We have a variety of different room types to accommodate a large range of guests, we have something for everyone :-) .
I'm so pleased to hear you found your short stay with us worthwhile, with excellent well equipped rooms and good facilities.
We hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 8 July 2019

I had stayed here a few years ago and it was ok.
Recently stayed one night and swore never again. It’s really gone down hill.
Counter staff/ management was rude, unprofessional.
No towel, but can be hired
The hostel floors smell, particularly with the old lounges/furniture
Showers are a terrible and crammed.
Arrived in the middle of the night and was allocated to rooms with 3 people sleeping
Weekends there’s no noise control, people partying.

Good for homeless people, not much more.

Room tip: Stay clear
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Urban-GM, General Manager at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback.
I'm sorry to hear your stay did not go as well as we both would have liked.
Towels are supplied free of charge in our private rooms and there's a $5 hire charge for stays in dorms rooms.
Our venue does get busy during the weekends and our dorm rooms are usually full.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide details on your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

Great location, about 10 minute walk to Crown and the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Having an ensuite bathroom to a room of 4 (with only 3 occupants at the time) was pretty great! Was also very cheap. Possibly the worst pillow I've ever had, I ended up folding it double and using my towel as well. Definitely could use some work around the joint - bathroom door wood was peeling/warping. Mattress was okay, bunk bed was squeaky and shaky as all hell.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It's great to hear our location was a great match for you. Our four share ensuite dorm rooms are a great option for a budget stay in the city. I've arranged for the pillows to be changed in the room you stayed in.
Our staff will be pleased to hear you thought they were great, I'll be sure to pass on your feedback in our next meeting.