Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bunk beds the ground floor short stay hostel city
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2019

I had stayed here a few years ago and it was ok.
Recently stayed one night and swore never again. It’s really gone down hill.
Counter staff/ management was rude, unprofessional.
No towel, but can be hired
The hostel floors smell, particularly with the old lounges/furniture
Showers are a terrible and crammed.
Arrived in the middle of the night and was allocated to rooms with 3 people sleeping
Weekends there’s no noise control, people partying.

Good for homeless people, not much more.

Room tip: Stay clear
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Urban-GM, General Manager at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback.
I'm sorry to hear your stay did not go as well as we both would have liked.
Towels are supplied free of charge in our private rooms and there's a $5 hire charge for stays in dorms rooms.
Our venue does get busy during the weekends and our dorm rooms are usually full.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide details on your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

Great location, about 10 minute walk to Crown and the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Having an ensuite bathroom to a room of 4 (with only 3 occupants at the time) was pretty great! Was also very cheap. Possibly the worst pillow I've ever had, I ended up folding it double and using my towel as well. Definitely could use some work around the joint - bathroom door wood was peeling/warping. Mattress was okay, bunk bed was squeaky and shaky as all hell.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
It's great to hear our location was a great match for you. Our four share ensuite dorm rooms are a great option for a budget stay in the city. I've arranged for the pillows to be changed in the room you stayed in.
Our staff will be pleased to hear you thought they were great, I'll be sure to pass on your feedback in our next meeting.

Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

The hostel was clean, fairly good value and had a large kitchen with free coffee. They also let me borrow a padlock when mine didn’t fit the tiny locks.
But I wouldn’t stay again. They advertise free WiFi but it isn’t. You have relinquish your social media log in details to access it. You can’t use the WiFi if you have no social media (which I don’t) and it doesn’t work on any of the upper floors. The attitude of the staff was “well all our guests have social media these days.” Well, there are many other hostels offering a more competitive deal these days.
Also, there’s no socket by the beds, which would have been more useful to me than one in the locker.
I think the lockers could do with a small shelf for a laptop/small items. The lockers are so big it wouldn’t reduce the space much.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Great to hear you found the hostel clean, good value and enjoyed our large kitchen with free tea and coffee. We also supply free rice and pasta all day, every day.
We supply free wifi on the ground floor and you are required to log in with social media to gain access. For $3 you can upgrade to 24 hours of unlimited downloads and access.
Each locker in our dorm rooms have individual powerpoints, great idea to have powerpoints besides the beds. I'll bring it up in our next staff meeting.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Do not recommend this hostel at all. Absolutely disgusted with the room. We arrvied on the 12/04 for a one night stay, Only to walk in and smell cigarette smoke in the lobby. Very dirty looking. Once we walked into the room, there were Cracks in the walls, the floor was very dirty, only one lamp working, crap beds, not a clean place at all. You couldn’t even shower without wearing thongs. You were required to take down your pillow cases to reception along with the key card after your stay. What a JOKE After taking the pillow cases down and keycard, we were told that we didn’t need to bring down the pillow cases. I stated that there was a sign in the lift, clearly stating that you need to bring down your pillow cases. The whole building looks horrible. The car park is not safe. There is a gate, but people can walk through off the street at anytime. No security within the car park. I highly doubt they have cleaners in this place. There was a night club downstairs, as to which we were NOT told about. So there was no sleep. There was an item that we left behind, called the hostel and they said they would ring us back. Still waiting for the call...... We would have rather had slept on the street as it would have been more cleaner and safer than spending a night in this dump of a place. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm disappointed to hear your stay did not go as well as we had both planned.
I do apologise for the miscommunication in regards to your child's 'sleeping bag', our team were looking for a different item of clothing. I'm glad we found it in the end and were able to mail it back to you.
Guests staying in our four share dorm rooms are required to bring pillow cases to reception, those staying in private rooms don't need to. I'll check the wording of the sign in the elevators to ensure it reads clearer. Thanks for bringing your pillow cases downstairs anyway.
I do apologise for the noise in the basement, it is a seperate business to us and we do not condone excessive noise at all.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

The worst hostel I’ve stayed in, in my life, and I’ve stayed in a few! Firstly they Failed to tell me when I phoned that there was a nightclub down stairs, even when I made it clear I had a 5 year old and a 7 week old, so sleep was minimal to say the least! The room was dated and smelt so badly it was as if they had just sprayed a deodorant to mask the stench... My husband took his shoes off and walked around on the carpet, for his feet to feel sticky and then to notice how BLACK they were from the revolting carpet, so revolting he had to wash his feet- we all then wore our shoes for the remainder of the night and didn’t even want to put our belongings on the floor. We left an item of our sons in the room and phoned the reception about it once I realised and they lied and said we left something else, which we didn’t, and then didn’t phone us back letting us know they had found it (which I had asked) But I guess with the way the place was they were willing to keep anything! On leaving we noticed a note stating we needed to remove our pillow cases and take them to reception, very odd...Don’t stay here, if you do, be sure you have your vaccinations. It’s true what they say “cheap and nasty”

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you again for your feedback.