Urban Central
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Imagine Marco(Melbourne)
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne Northbank(Melbourne)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastbed dormfree pastabudget accommodationst kildacrown casinotea coffeemin walkfree tram zonetram stophostelbackpackerscitybunkensuitesouthbankplug
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on a school camp a few years ago so I decided to give it a shot as an adult traveller.

We stayed on level 5, which is the private room floor and the top floor of the establishment. You might not like the view - either of City Road or the freeway, but for the price, I am happy.

You will find a room with an ensuite is spacious enough; you'll get a shower timer built into the shower head, (12 minutes max and it beeps at you every minute) a sink, toilet, kettle, tea coffee and milk (milk shots - and a substantial amount of milk shots.) It's perfect for couples.

The only thing is that Urban Central is a backpackers for 90% of the building. This may annoy some guests, but I found the noise to not bother me - the most annoying noises were environmental- loud mufflers or motorbikes.

It is also close to transport: the #12 tram goes past the door, and you can walk up to Crown and catch the St Kilda tram.

The place also employs people who are hard of hearing, which is a nice bonus. (And backpackers.)

When you check in you have a $10 AUD key deposit which you get back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarra A, Manager at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you taking the time to review your stay with us, it's great to hear that your stayed with us whilst studying and returned as an adult traveler :-)
I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Absolute value for money,Large King Size bedroom, ensuited, and quiet even though next to a major H'way! 7 minute walk to Green Tramway CBD Circuit, stayed two nights and no hassles, Crown Casino 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: 1 St Floor for ensuited King Size Bedrooms, higher floors cater for Backpackers
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe G
Sarra A, Guest Relations Manager at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Joe, many thanks for taking the time to review our property. Urban Central is in a great location and is value for money and we are really pleased you enjoyed stay with. Hope you come back and visit us again. Cheers, the Urban Central team.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a comfy 4 bed room. Receptionist was great, very helpful and friendly and gave me a room to myself. Great bar area for chilling out in. Small bathrooms and Not a fan of the location but, great otherwise.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank erin200181986

Hi Erin, many thanks for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. We do hope you visit us again. Cheers the Urban Central team.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights and loved it. Hostel is in a great location, a tram stop is less than a minute walk, Woolworths about 5 minutes and the train station 10 minutes.

Melbourne offers plenty of shopping and nightlife. There is a free tram circuit that takes you around the centre of Melbourne for free too! Tram costs $4.80 for a two hour trip (tap on and off within the two hours)

The hostel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. Kitchen is large with plenty of fridge space and utensils, crockery etc. Great facilities for washing, ironing etc and the booking desk and reception staff are also all very friendly and helpful.

The only thing I found strange was after you washed up, the kitchen cleaners would then put everything in the dishwasher.

I would definitely come and stay here again when I am next in Melbourne!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank -Global-Galivanter-

Hi there, many thanks for taking the time to write your great review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our location, we are very lucky to have so many essential services so close to Urban Central. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next in Melbourne.

Cheers, the Urban Central team.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I stayed in a private room on the 5th floor which was very quiet - got a great night's sleep.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and the ensuite bathroom is very nice.
Tea and coffee provided on a tray which is nice but not topped up by housekeeping in the mornings - this would be nice particularly when you are staying a few nights.
Kitchen is spacious and nice to cook in.
Good location very close to the CBD.
I lost my ring in the room after checking out and the receptionist on duty was so helpful and helped me look twice until I found it.

Room Tip: The private rooms on the 5th floor are good for a break from a shared room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Jason-GM, Reception at Urban Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi Rose, many thanks for taking the time to write your great review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we are thrilled you found your ring. I will speak to housekeeping regarding topping up the tea and coffee as this should have been done. Thank you for your positive feedback. Happy travels. Cheers, the Urban Central team.