“Seemed popular with the locals”

Da Angelo Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 663 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 13 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Typical italian restaurant. Was very busy on the night we went with both diners and takeaways. Food good and decent size servings. Good to go to if you have a pizza or pasta craving.

1  Thank Stacy C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,756)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I only had a few nights in Hobart, but we ended up having dinner here twice after our first meal was so delicious and memorable!

I recommend making a booking as it gets very busy. We did this for our first meal but when we came back for the second time without a booking on a Tuesday night it was packed! They still managed to seat us at the front window, which isn't really part of the restaurant, and we had a lovely view watching over the main street. Also, one of the owners remembered my husbands name on our return which was a really nice touch (and super impressive!)

We ordered garlic bread to start and the tiramisu to finish for dessert (how can you not?!). As for the main event, my husband and I had a main size pasta each (I recommend the Luciano's Special Sauce with Macaroni - literally to die for. Out of the different combinations we had, this was the stand out - at least, for me!). This was by far enough food to be very full and happy! Staff are very attentive and happy to be of service. Venue is not pretentious and we look back on both dining experiences as some of our favourite memories in Hobart (we are ALL about the food if you can't tell!). We really wanted to try the pizza but both times we ended up with pasta for main as it was just SO GOOD. Something about really delicious fresh pasta......

If you have time before or after dinner, have a walk down to Arthur Circus to stretch the legs and ease your full stomach. It's a cute neck of the woods in Battery Point where the cottages in the street form a circle around a gorgeous well kept little park.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have been to this restaurant a number of times. Last time was with my family and service was once again fantastic, food the best. I have never been disappointed with the food here. If I have a negative it would be that you have "sittings" and the early one starts from 5...... Who wants to eat dinner at 5????? This I don't enjoy or else you can have a late one, which is too late again. I understand from their point that it is a popular restaurant and they want to make the most of getting customers in and out but for this reason I have not gone there a number of times because the times do not always suit me, but food and service wise it cannot be faulted

1  Thank 1234Col
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had the sumpreme pizza after a big pub crawl around the harbour. Didn't book so we were lucky to get a seat at the window near entrance. Thanks for that. The pizza was delicious service friendly and helpful. I live in liechhardt Sydney (little Italy) and have eaten many pizzas and this was great. The pasta dishes also looked great.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Having visited Hobart on other occasions and dined at this lovely Italian restaurant I was keen to take my friends with me on a recent visit. Almost missed out as it was difficult to get a booking so the first bit of advice is to book early.
The home made Italian food is just delicious. The staff are excellent and when there was a slight delay in getting food to table we were kept informed and offered some bread etc at no cost. There is an extensive wine list as well.
Marco and his staff are masters at their job. Well done.