“Absolutely Brilliant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Sensational pizza and pasta. Excellent and reasonable priced wine. Excellent service. Friendly, non touristy, atmosphere. We liked it so much we dined there twice in one week. As good as Cafe Italia in Hay Street, Perth. Looking forward to the next trip to Hobart so I can go back.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I got a perfect pasta here: Big portion. Pasta home-made and cooked perfectly al dente. Sauce was creamy, meaty and rich, and there was lots of it. The dish served piping hot. They offered me some freshly cracked black pepper on top as well. It was already a perfect meal, when the boss brought me some freshly baked, still warm, crusty bread to dip up the sauce with. That's when it got more than perfect. Best pasta I've eaten since two years (in Florence, Italy). My dessert (Tiramisù) was then mere average, but I didn't even care.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

For our first dinner in Hobart, we selected & booked at Da Angelo Ristorante as my husband loves Italian food. Well, we returned for dinner the following two nights also! The best gnocchi my husband has eaten and most delicious pizzas ever ( and I am not usually a fan of pizza). We also could not fault the decadent sticky date pudding and tiramasu capping off perfect dining experiences. Staff were unfailingly friendly especially Angelo who took a real shine to our ten year old. Thank you for your generosity, Angelo! As previous travellers have mentioned; book to avoid disappointment and allow extra time to find parking.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

We didn't book, but arrived early on a Thursday night (around 5.30) and there was only one table left. So big tip is to book. The service was really friendly and helpful and the meals were delicisious. I had the veal and my friend had gnocci - both very happy. We brought along our newly bought Tasmanian red and had a lovely evening. We had to be out by 7.30 but that was good as we were meeting friends at a bar at Salamanca.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I have being going to Da Angelos since my firs trip to Hobart in 1995
Angelo is a real icon of the Hobart (and a mad Carlton supporter)
When we first went there it was basically a takeaway with a couple of tables
Since then we try to get over from Melbourne every year but now we have to book !
Angelo and Marco choose their Staff as they choose their ingredients and it shows
I have never been even slightly disappointed with my experience at Da Angelos

Date of visit: November 2015