“Excellant Italian restaurant with great staff”

Da Angelo Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 602 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 13 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I know why it is number 1 on Trip Adviser for Hobart. Both the food & service were excellent when we dined on Saturday night.

I liked that I could get a good bottle of Clare Valley shiraz there at a fare price as some other Hobart places seem to limit their wines to local Tasmanian wines.

Not a flash room & no views of the water.

Great service by one of the owners whole checked up with us midway, welcomed & farewelled us with a very friendly manner.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is #1 in Hobart for a reason. I honestly believe that this restaurant produced the best pizza I have ever had. I eat STACKS of Pizza, and nothing comes close to what I ate tonight. Hidden away in Battery Point, this gem is probably the reason there is no parking around. So worth the frustration of finding a park though!

Base was 10/10 and toppings were fresh and generous. I got a pizza with the lot and I am very satisfied with the product.

My wife got the Fettuccine, and it was great to find that the pasta is hand made!

Even the garlic bread was fantastic!

This restaurant needs to be #1 on your "to eat" list when visiting Hobart.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

It got to be one of the best Italian restaurant I been. The place is set up with a cosy ambiance. You got a mini bar and then another area for the diners ( its 2 storey anyway).
Service: The staff were great very service oriented.

We a pizze. It was thin crest. The cheese were perfected melted. Easy to eat.
We also had a risotto. The buttery taste was flavourful for me. Got to love it unless you aint no butter lover.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We've been in Hobart 8+ years, we eat out regularly, and in that time the restaurant scene has rocketed. This place was ordinary when we arrived and seriously the only thing that's been raised since, is the prices!! Yet the tourist audience has voted it no 1!!! seriously ridiculous.. there's so much better...it's a tourist trap of the first order in Battery Point. We were a table of 4 and no one was impressed - the staff are all over you in true Italian warmth, Still took 45 mins to get something to eat and then the food is very average at best.. My garlic prawn pizza was canned tinsy prawns with too much cheese and no garlic, n soggy to boot! Do your self a favour if you like Italian, head to Sandy Bay and try Don Camillo or Solo Pasta. For serious pizza try Sandy Bay Woodfired Pizza on the beach at Sandy Bay. Life's too short!

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

This is a Hobart institution and can therefore feel a little antiquated at times. The food is generally pretty good, albeit somewhat pricey. As a confirmed thin and crusty kinda guy, i find the pizzas a little thick and fluffy, but very tasty. I like this place.