“First class in every way”
Review of Annapurna

Annapurna
Ranked #73 of 674 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 0 - USD 18
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food, great prices, great service, lovely people, and not expensive. But typical of these middle level restaurants, beer and wine selection poor and and decent whisky not on offer. However, BYO wine is a fair compromise. Chicken tikka, paneer tikka and masala kulcha the best in the world however!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Booked for sixteen a week in advance but when we arrived it took 50 minutes before we were offered drinks service and another 30 before food a order was taken. Nearby people arrived, were served and left before a waiter came to our tables to offer drinks or food order. All up it took well over an hour to be served. Food arrived haphazardly. Some naan bread did not arrive until after the meal was finished. After an initial drink order was taken, there was no further inquiry about whether another was wanted; so the group had one drink opportunity throughout the whole meal in spite of a couple of direct requests for service; when the response was an apology but without any obvious or immediate response to get things moving. Won't be back.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We went with a group of 8 people - good service, attentive, fast, good size portions and yum food as well, I'd definitely go again and recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The service was very good here and they were happy to do my main dish without ghee and vegan.
The waitress however, did tell me that they fry everything in the same oil so the veggie starters are not truly vegan. At least she told me though (I'm sure they're no different from many places).
My curry was delicious and my hubby said his chicken dish was really good. Attentive service and reasonably priced for Salamanca.
I'd give them a 5 star if not for the vegan issue.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Came here after a long day. We ordered the chicken tikka masala and lamb korma. Wasn't bad, but nothing to rave about. A bit overpriced for average quality - have had better for less.