“First evening in Tasmania was perfect”

Frank Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #57 of 663 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Nice and friendly service and wonderful food, especially excellent oysters and a wagyu beef grilled to perfection. The absolute highlight astonishingly was a side dish, the crispy potatoes were heaven on earth.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

One of the perfect dinners we had in recent times... everything we had was excellent...right from mocktails,starters,mains and dessert ..it was delicious.. good customer service and not much waiting time even during crowded hours..Phoebe was awesome and helpful in choosing the right dishes for us.will visit again when we visit Hobart..

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had just finished walking the Overland Track and it was a long wet 6 days of walking. So coming to Frank for dinner was just the pampering needed. The food was excellent and plentiful and the service was great. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

My 40th birthday dinner was Ah-mazing!!! The steak was so flavoursome and cooked perfectly. I have never had some many choices for sides. We got 3. Potatoes, pumpkin and sweet potato. All were fabulous. Staff were great at explaining the menu but if you have a water person, they need to be on the ball. A couple of times we were without water. I cannot say how much we enjoyed this meal. Totally worth the money.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We went on a Friday night as we were recommended by friends who had recently visited. The menu is Sth American, with lots of meat dishes, empanadas, chimichuri etc.

We had the empanadas, they were OK, nothing to write to my Urugauyn best friend about and at almost 6.00 each for a mouthful...ouch!

We tried the Chargrilled zucchini, chorizo, lemon yoghurt & mint, which was nice but we honestly had send a search party to find the chorizo. The same can be said for the Quail, it was well cooked but for almost 30.00, not really great value for one little quail.

We also shared a small hanger steak with the Chimichuri, which was nice but it seemed so lonely on the plate without any accompaniments.

The wine list was OK but you did need to take a second mortgage out to buy a bottle, I was really shocked at the prices, even the waiter seemed embarrassed when I pointed it out to him.

Overall, I won't be taking my friends recommendations again.

2  Thank Nic B