Lowest prices for your stay
AU$126
Hotels.com
AU$127
Fully refundable before Sun, 21 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews shared bathroom lovely lounge taxi rank comfortable beds we loved our stay central location a great place to stay three nights soap balcony fridge accommodation hostels supermarket furnishings laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2020

We stayed at the Alabama Hotel for about a week and first we thought the shared bathrooms could be a small issue for us, but the shared facilities were clean and had no line-ups in the morning. Our room was small but very comfortable, clean and had everything you could ask for. The hotel 'living room' / public area and bar is fantastic and the staff is more than helpful and very nice. This hotel is highly recommended if you are on a budget and are after a fun and friendly environment to call home for a few days.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Sunny H
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Massive shoutout to the team at the Alabama Hotel in Hobart. Everyone that I met was incredibly friendly and helpful, it’s kept absolutely spotless and the entire atmosphere is very relaxing. 11/10 can’t wait to visit again :)

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2020

Tip: Woolsworth is a quick walk down the street. There are many shops there including a nail salon, coffee, and a liquor store.

I like the glass bottled water they offered.

Shower was hot. I never had to wait to use the shades bathroom.

There are stairs, no elevator.

The room was very spacious. It had a fan, fridge, plenty of lights, electrical outlets.

I liked the main lobby area. WiFi worked well all over the building.

The guests looked mature. It wasn’t a hostel vibe. It felt like a European hotel.

Workers were very friendly.

If you do selfies, check out all of the great walls in the hotel. They shoot nicely.

If you arrive late, be sure to get the door code! They use WhatsApp. It saved my life when I realized I was flying into Hobart after 9 PM. The staff got me the check in details within minutes. There was no need for me to panic when I realized last minute that I might not be able to get inside the hotel so late! Bless them.

Love the soap. It’s a very eco-conscience spot.

Place smelled so good!

Be sure to stock up on food. Shops close early and you may be stuck hungry without snacks in your fridge.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

Really impressed with this little gem.
Location- Easy walk to everywhere in town
Super clean and large rooms. Shared bathroom is also very clean. Complimentary soap that was Devine and free water.
The lady that was at the front desk was super friendly and very helpful.
Place has a chilled hostel vibe. Would absolutely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Had such a pleasant stay here, great value. Super funky interior, staff are incredibly friendly and offer great recommendations of places to eat, things to do etc. Room and shared bathroom were clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again! Wish I could have stayed longer to properly check out the bar at the reception/lounge and socialise.