Open today: 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

from USD 95.64
More Info
from USD 166.32
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2019

My tour guide was Phil and he was lovely. We were picked up right on time outside our accommodation, picked others up, then were on our way! There was an informative DVD first off along the way (I may have fallen asleep part-way through that because car/bus rides put me to sleep...). We stopped off at a few places (bakery, Coles Bay) but on the way there we received the information that Freycinet National Park would be closing early that day due to the threat of bushfires. Phil didn't bat an eyelid, he simply readjusted our plans so we would still do all that we wanted to do, just with a slightly different time frame. We had lunch up at the lookout (instead of at Coles Bay which was the original plan) and then the group split, me to go down to the beach, the others and Phil to go exploring other parts of Freycinet National Park. The walk down to the beach was tiring but worth it (actually the walk up was a lot more tiring but oh well). The beach was clean and not super crowded. Waves were not too cold but super strong. View both from the lookout and from the beach was breathtaking. Phil also gave me a phone to make sure there was a way of contacting him (seeing as my phone had no reception). Meeting up with the rest of the group was uneventful, time and place was clearly said and he gave me pretty accurate instructions to ensure that the timing was perfect. Ride home was also good, stopped by Friendly Beaches along the way, as well as somewhere to get icecream. Had a mini pop quiz which was fun. All in all an excellent day with an awesome guide. Thanks Phil!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 3 February 2019

Jack took us on the tour. He knows the road, the area, how to take photos and his job well. You are in safe hands with him because he just knows what he's doing. Jack's been doing this stuff for a while, he knows how misunderstandings around instructions can happen and goes out of his way to point things out, explain things clearly, manages expectations and helps those on the tour to make informed decisions. He also knows his history where Tasmania is concerned, has numerous anecdotes to keep people entertained and informed and a bit of a quirky sense of humour. He put on "I feel the earth move" as we drove over the dirt track corrugations leading to Friendly Beaches - I didn't say anything but I definitely noticed and smiled inside - gotta love Australian humour! We were picked up on time, explained how the day would go and where the decision points were. We had an early lunch before the hoards arrived (hooray for good planning) and then travelled into Freycinet National Park. Jack led us up to the Wineglass Bay lookout where the group split - some walking the 1,000 steps down to the beach below after synchronising times and organising the meet up place - and the rest of us walked around Coles Bay Lighthouse (getting glimpses of seals on one of the islands in the Bay) and views back through to Wineglass Bay, and then meandered around the picturesque Honeymoon Bay. Well done Jack. You obviously love your job because you are certainly doing it well.

Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

This was a fun and worthwhile trip. The tour guide Gino was very friendly and knowledgeable and it was clear that he enjoyed his job. There were options of taking short walks or a longer walk and I opted for the short walks. They were very scenic and we got to see wild wallabies. I would definitely recommend going with this company!

Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

Had an amazing time on this tour! Definitly recommend if you want to see Tasmania’s nature and wildlife.

Reviewed 1 February 2019

To begin, I was impressed that our driver Jack, picked us up at exactly the promised time, given that pickups were at multiple hotels throughout the city. Jack was an interesting and informative and often humorous narrator and guide. He was knowledgeable and helped us to be safe. The stops along the way were appreciated and quite scenic, including the seafood farm at Freycinet. The price was less than other day tours from Hobart. The photo opportunities were breathtaking. We enjoyed driving through and learning about the Tassie countryside.