“Romantic dinner with the Mrs”
Review of Roaring Grill

Roaring Grill
Ranked #27 of 627 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: USD 15 - USD 54
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Fantastic evening, food, service and atmosphere at this North Hobart Restaurant.

Try the pork spare ribs for main or entree & the steaks are excellent as you would expect at a Grill restaurant.

Been here a couple of times now and the food and service are very consistent.

Also open for lunch.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Last Friday evening we celebrated a family birthday and enjoyed a terrific meal with our son and his partner. The atmosphere was welcoming lively and quality service. Food was creative and plentiful. Wine just great too! No room for dessert after and entree and main course.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Three of us dined at the Grill. Not very busy. We had a good table near the kitchen, we had a variety of wait staff serving us. Our main waitress was rather slow and seemed to be a bit of a dreamer. I asked for a second glass of wine, and it took so long to come I had only a couple of mouthfuls of my main left to drink it with. I had to remind her and she said 'oh yes' and brought it straight away, could have done with i 10 minuted earlier. The servings are very big, almost too large, but very good food. My risotto was delicious and the boys liked their steaks, although the pepper sauce was surprisingly hot. Bill brought promptly when we asked for it, then had to finally wave down same waitress to get her to process the credit card. Eaten before and it was very noisy, this time much better, a bit of damping on the ceiling? and maybe because it wasn't very busy. A good meal marred a bit by the service.

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Early dinner, and it didn't disappoint. Service, buzz, food, wine 10 out of 10. I cannot remember the last time I had a steak cooked to perfection and it had that gorgeous charring from the grill that makes a steak look like a steak. The meal came with potatoes and salad and was plentiful, bernaise sauce divine. If you want a great steak it's a must try. The venue is noisy near the kitchen, but that just adds to the hype. I cannot wait to try more on the menu.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

From the minute we stepped in the door I knew we were going to have a wonderful dining experience. We were welcomed immediately by a lovely gentleman, shown to a table, offered drinks while we perused the menu. My husband is still raving about the ribs he had, the lamb cutlets I had just melted in my mouth. I highly recommend a visit for the experience. Well done Roaring Grill!!