“Elitist”

Farm Gate Market
Ranked #14 of 142 things to do in Hobart
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Every Sunday, come rain hail or shine, a busy street in the heart of Hobart transforms into a bustling farmers' market. It's all about Tasmanian produce and getting to know your farmer, and it always has been.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

this is a popular market because of the fresh produce etc but it is very expensive for most things, and provides a lot of organic and other produce that certain people like, but not the average person.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This was a lovely surprise with market in middle of city on a Sunday morning. The produce was very fresh and all stall owners were pleasant and it had a great atmosphere. We wished we hadn't already had breakfast as the food looked and smelt delish. We purchased a few home made items but yet to sample them. We did spread the word to other travellers.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

If I lived in Hobart this would be my happy Sunday place.

It was small but packed a punch with a large variety of fresh fruit and veg, flower sellers (I loved the woman who had small posies from her own garden) delicious condiment sellers, amazing looking bread .....it went on and on. (I think I even remember tea there also.

Yep, fabulous!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

This is the place for fresh farm produce. Great variety and choice. Great to visit even if you are just a tourist.

1  Thank gbmontreal
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I thought this market was great. Very good value for a wide range of lovely fresh fruit and veg. A few stalls are selling interesting food.

1  Thank lb0swell