The Henry Jones Art Hotel
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 211*
USD 108*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
USD 104*
USD 85*
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 187*
USD 147*
Great 4.5/5
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 206*
USD 127*
Great 4.5/5
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 183*
USD 172*
Very Good 4/5
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 150*
USD 91*
  • Restaurant
Mantra Collins Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 129*
USD 113*
  • Room Service
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 228*
USD 74*
  • Restaurant
Customs House Waterfront Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 171*
USD 104*
  • Breakfast included
USD 222*
USD 206*
1,550 results
All reviewsjam factorydeluxe spaixl baroriental suitestudio loftexposed beamsjam packedfree valet parkingharbour viewnespresso machinebeautiful hotelhistoric buildingstandard roomconstitution docklong weekendmona ferrysalamanca markets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed here several times now, in a Deluxe Harbour Spa Room, and we've enjoyed the great location and excellent service each time. Each room is a little bit different. Highly recommended if you're thinking of staying in Hobart.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for the deluxe harbour spa rooms - great views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I love to stay at 'different' hotels, and this one surely is 'different'. The hotel is a working art gallery curated by Christine Scott. The art works are varied but all are interesting and provide the atmosphere with colour and intrigue.

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights prior to a weekend conference. We arrived around 7pm and were met with helpful, friendly but not pushy staff who provided us a comprehensive list of restaurants nearby for dinner (perhaps noticing how hungry we looked!), as well as a tour of the hotel on our way up to our room and just general interest in us. We didn't feel like guests, but more like friends.

Our room was a harbourview suite. These rooms are not overdone with styling, which I liked. The colours are very neutral, paying respect to the corrugated iron ceilings and exposed timber beams that remind you that this once was the IXL Jam Factory. The bathroom is enclosed in a frosted glass room, complete with large bath and large shower. It is well appointed, the water pressure is good, and all the basic supplies are there. The bed is a comfortable inner-spring King Size mattress, with feather/down king size pillows. No complaints here.

Breakfast was included with our stay and was served in the downstairs restaurant. There was a good spread of local fruits, the usual hotel breakfast foods, and a choice of a hot meal from the HJH menu. The staff were friendly and attentive and the food couldn't have been better.

Perhaps the best part of our stay was the concierge staff, in particular Simon. Simon checked us in on arrival and showed us to our room, and happened to be working every other time we walked past the front desk (does he work 24 hours a day!?). Simon couldn't have been more helpful from choices for dinner, to tips on Hobart, to directions to bottleshops. He even researched our next destination and managed to book us in for lunch at an exclusive restaurant on our way up to Launceston - don't know how you managed that, but we had the best lunch ever!

The only negatives were the lack of bath towels (I suspect there should have been an extra 2 for the bath, but we were only provided 2 in total meaning we had to use the same towel the next morning for our showers, still damp from the night before), and the vanity kit was lacking the actual makeup removal part - suggesting that perhaps it was a dud one or it had been raided by a previous guest and the box had not been replaced. To be honest, these are petty problems, and they really did not detract from the hotel, the room or the staff - maybe just a slight glitch in attention to detail on behalf of housekeeping. But we all have bad days... I should also mention that the heating in the room wasn't working properly. The monitor said 26 degrees, and my husband and I both had a good look at it, but I would say the room probably stayed at around 18-20 degrees for our whole stay - freezing as we are Queenslanders! We mentioned this to concierge on our way out, and I have no doubt this would be fixed now, but is worth noting. Luckily HJH covers their beds with a woollen blanket, so we slept warm anyway!

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmmyLou85
TheHenryJones, General Manager at The Henry Jones Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear EmmyLou85,

Thank you for your very comprehensive review of the hotel. It is really great to get this much detail back from our guests, as it really advises us and our operations into the future.

I greatly appreciate your comments regarding the Concierge Team and agree they are a fantastic asset to the hotel. Although we love the design or our Hotel, it is clearly our people that will make the difference to our guest’s experience and it is great to hear they have done so in your case.

In regards to your comments regarding towels, vanity kit and room temperature, these have also been taken into consideration and will help with training in our Housekeeping Team. As for the room temperature, I have checked back through our internal reporting and as you have guessed, this has been serviced and is working to it’s optimum.

Once again, thank you for your review and please don’t hesitate to contact me, if I can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rod Black
The Henry Jones Art Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were met with amazing friendly staff. Before going to our room we went to The Long Bar where we had the best espresso martini ever and beautiful cheese plate. The room itself was superb, great ambience. We dined in the restaurant the following night and had one of my top five meals.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 20 May 2014

As a travel agent, my reviews are honest but real and I honesty think this hotel was fantastic! The atmosphere, facilities, amenities and bar were great. We did not try the restaurant so can't comment on that, however the location was surely the best in Hobart.
The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, and I would love to come back again sometime.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travel for work and end up in hotels near the conference venue that are bland and impersonal. A short walk from the conference venue this hotel is such a breath of fresh air. The hotel is in a great old building that has been cleverly and sensitively modernised. The staff are fantastic with none of that pretend welcome attitude you get in chain hotels. What's not to like about this wonderful hotel?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business