The Henry Jones Art Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Quest Savoy(Hobart)
  • Breakfast included
1,553 results
All reviewsjam factorydeluxe spaixl baroriental suitestudio loftexposed beamsjam packedfree valet parkingharbour viewnespresso machinebeautiful hotelhistoric buildingstandard roomconstitution docklong weekendmona ferrysalamanca markets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I travel for work and end up in hotels near the conference venue that are bland and impersonal. A short walk from the conference venue this hotel is such a breath of fresh air. The hotel is in a great old building that has been cleverly and sensitively modernised. The staff are fantastic with none of that pretend welcome attitude you get in chain hotels. What's not to like about this wonderful hotel?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had a really fun time at the Henry Jones. The staff were very helpful, recommending places for me to go and helping me find where I needed to be. I really enjoyed the art tour and hearing the history of the building and my room was simply gorgeous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff are highly trained and very attentive. The building and location is fabulous steeped in history and character. I flew my parents to Hobart to stay here for Mother's Day, visit MONA and indulge in some art at the hotel. I rate this hotel high and only had one issue with the cleanliness of the room. Upon arrival some clothes from the previous guest was still hanging in the closet and our bathroom could have been a little cleaner but I am being a bit picky. I would go back and we had a wonderful time. We ate out most meals with Salamanca just on the other side of the harbour it was hard not to, a short walk to all the best restaurants in Hobart. However we did eat in the main Henry Jones restaurant and although pricey it was well worth it. We had a huge Mother's Day banquet and sample the extensive wine list finishing off with world beating Tasmanian Whiskey. Great for couples or older families, even is art is not your thing the up market and cosy atmosphere makes it worth a visit. I must say again that the staff are excellent, I had an issue with a hard pillow which was solved in minutes, the gym is excellent with brand new equipment, small but very well appointed.

Room Tip: Top floor has the original roof showing in the rooms, adds character and lovely in the rain which will either suit or not. Make sure you visit the Salamanca Markets, head up MT Wellington for the views and get to MONA - its weird but worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My now husband and I were lucky enough to enjoy our wedding night at the Henry Jones, and I am only now getting to the review. But it's important I write it because there are some big shout outs to the staff there, who made all the difference.

We stayed in the Oriental Suite, and the lovely Chantelle in reservations sorted this for us. We had stayed in the suite before with great memories, so the perfect choice on our wedding night. Thanks so much Chantelle... who also came out front when we left and gave us big congratulations hug!!!

The staff in reception could not do enough for us. Chris, Nick and Greg, thanks so much guys. You really are stars. No wonder this hotel has great reviews with the face of the hotel represented by you all.

The suite itself is gorgeous, and the overflowing spa, accompanied by some gorgeous bubbles on ice - just perfect. The decor is understated, elegant, comfortable and the housekeeping staff discrete and kind.

Do yourself a favour and stay here. The lovely staff will ensure you are taken care of. Once again, our huge thanks to you all. :)

Room Tip: We loved the oriental suite. But we have also stayed in the Harbour View Spa Suite before and really enjoyed that too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed on our way to and from Sapphire. This out of the ordinary, interesting hotel is perfectly placed by the waterfront just a short walk from Salamanca Place and the city of Hobart. Begin your evening at the piano bar for a great vibe, excellent, intelligent service and a superb range of aperitifs. Dine in and you wont be disappointed either, attentive friendly service there too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple