1,822 results
All reviews jam factory deluxe spa ixl bar studio loft oriental suite history tour exposed beams jam packed free valet parking harbour view room beautiful hotel historic building standard room constitution dock the location is perfect mona ferry salamanca markets
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This old jam factory is wonderfully located and brilliantly renovated and for most of my stay I was very pleased. The abundance of original art and gorgeous bathroom made up for what was an otherwise fairly average room for a hefty price. But in the morning I found the towel hanging ready for my shower was dirty - a sure fired way to ruin a pleasant experience!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MarlzL
TheHenryJones, General Manager at The Henry Jones Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Marlzl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is greatly appreciated and we practically use it in our training and development. In regards to the towel, we have bought this issue up with our Housekeeping Team in their team meeting and also our Laundry to ensure that our procedures are being adhered to at all times.

We have also made sure to speak to our Front Desk Team to ensure their actions in assisting with your issue were immediate.

Thank you once again for your review and please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rod Black
The Henry Jones Art Hotel

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the Henry jones for 3 nights in April and were very happy with this hotel. It's in a converted factory on the harbor which has maintained some of the industrial features which make the rooms unique. Although our room faced the harbor/waterfront, the soundproofing was extremely effective. Although I booked a standard room, I was upgraded to a deluxe spa with a harbor view. Perfect! Given that my husband and I had just completed a 4-day hike! The art and architecture made the hotel interesting and fun but the great front desk staff made our sty even more special. They always managed to get us a table at the knots popular restaurants.

Room tip: Our room was 112 and it was great: spacious, comfortable and quiet.
1  Thank Trekker2009_9
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed over Easter - my first time staying at what is perhaps Hobart's most renowned hotel.
Our room was good - clean bed, generous bathroom, good shower. So all the basics covered, and our view was towards Mt Wellington, with the marina right in front of us.
So really, there was nothing to complain about. But equally, nothing to get excited about. The hotel seems to miss soul. Now, how do you define "soul" in relation to a hotel? And how do you go about creating it?
I'm not exactly sure, but I do know when it is there. And Henry Jones doesn't have it….yet.
There are spaces on the ground level which could be much better utilised to create a warmer guest experience. and Henry's - the restaurant and major hotel weak spot - could be improved oh so easily to take the hotel into the league to which it aspires.
But for now, it's an ok hotel in a superb location. And in a truly great city. Hobert rocks.

Room tip: Ours faced the marina, and we loved that.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A great location, in a recycled jam factory/warehouse. Much of the original structure is visible.
Art throughout rooms and corridors - interesting but many not well lit in dark corridors. My room was large, overlooking the waterfront. Modern bathroom, water tended to splash out of shower cubicle because of (unnecessarily) small glass wall. Clothing hanging space eventually found in the bedhead!
Only ate there for breakfast which was good, with attentive staff. Bar service often slow. Reception staff excellent.
Atrium area is easily accessible but beware - the cafes etc are not a part of the hotel.
OK If art is your thing, but don't forget to go to MONA.

Room tip: I understand that the rooms differ in layout, depending on location. Waterfront can be noisy although this was not a problem for me
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spent a great weekend at the Henry Jones. The hotel has been beautifully renovated keeping the former warehouse touch which is fantastic! Great Art is found throughout the hotel and the service of the front desk has been super friendly and efficient. Bar closes a bit early and the restaurant is not very inviting but the rooms are fantastic and the hotel is in a great spot down at the water!