Lowest prices for your stay
AU$239
AU$258
Fully refundable before Tue, 12 Mar
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews breakfast was included custom house great location salamanca markets parliament house seafood chowder mona ferry first floor historic building salamanca place three nights top floor would definitely stay here again room was large visiting hobart city centre battery point
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2023 via mobile

Rooms a bit dated but clean but the hotel itself in a very good central location. Walking distance to Salamanca market and lots of lovely restaurants although the one in the hotel is really good and bar meals are available as well. A popular place for sure.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2023

Fantastic location. Directly across the road from the Brook Street Pier, which is a pick up point for many tours. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Waterfront Superior room, which was warm spacious and had a balcony that overlooked the waterfront. The morning sun coming through the balcony doors in the morning was stunning. Only negative was when enjoying the delights of the local entertainment, the loft stairs were a little hard to navigate.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2023 via mobile

Great location on the waterfront & a lovely old building. We had a lovely breakfast each morning & the staff were very friendly. We also thoroughly enjoyed Happy Hour in the afternoons, highly recommend Captain Bligh’s Blood Orange stout for dark beer lovers.

The room was much smaller than they appear on the website but it is a very old building. It was difficult to manage luggage in such a small space but not impossible.

The bathroom had been renovated but no thought given to space for guests to put toiletries or clothing. There needs to be at least a shelf or 2 available for guest personal items.
We were there for 4 nights & had no linen service or cleaning of any kind other than tidying of the surface of the bed.

There is a guest laundry available & that was a great bonus.

Room tip: Limited parking available for guests, must pre book this to avoid missing out on a space.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights at the start of my tour around Tasmania. Firstly the hotel is very very handy for the SkyBus from the airport which drops you at Brook Street Pier across the road from the hotel. The bus stop for the hop-on hop-off red decker tour is also there.

The ground floor of the hotel is a bar and restaurant, and it is obvious that the restaurant is popular with locals and tourists as it was full when I arrived. The hotel reception closes at 8 pm but they email you beforehand to ask what time you are arriving as they can make arrangements for people arriving later than 8.

I checked in quickly - as the building is historic there are a few small staircases as even on one floor there are slightly different levels. However I am sure that if you asked for an accessible room they could find one that would not involve stairs. There is a lift to the first and second floors but not to the third floor.

My room was large and welcoming when I arrived. There was a king size bed with clean white linen and decent pillows. The air-conditioning can cool or heat and there are heaters specifically in the shower room. There was a small fridge, kettle and tea/coffee making supplies but no safe. There was also an open unit for hanging clothes with some small shelves but not much more in the way of storage. The flat screen TV over the fridge can be adjusted so you can watch it comfortably from the bed or from the small sofa at the end of the room. And it is a smart TV with Stan, Netflix and Prime all available, that was not the norm in most of the hotels in Tasmania that I stayed in.

There was also a washer and dryer on the first floor along with an iron for use by guests.

My room rate included breakfast and I had an excellent breakfast on both mornings that I stayed there. There was a QR code in the room which suggested I could order drinks or food from the restaurant to be delivered. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and tried (but failed) to change my travel plans so I could stay here again on the way back through Hobart at the end of my trip.

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Wales_Solo_traveller
Reviewed 7 June 2023

Went twice, once for lunch for a spot of people watching across seafront and seafood chowder (very nice) then for dinner where we had brisket and steak. Both excellent. Good atmosphere, excellent waiting staff, nice old building.

Room tip: Bar eats also available in evening
Date of stay: June 2023