Lowest prices for your stay
AU$191
Livestats
Thornlands, Australia

Always enjoy our stay.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 weeks ago
Stayed here a couple of times before, location is excellent close to the harbour and Salamanca Place (markets). Town is also just a comfortable walk away and there are some excellent cafes, bars and restaurants close by. Our apartment was again very comfortable and quite well appointed with the staff being friendly and helpful. Parking was provided onsite. We look forward to our next stay.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$126
    AU$151
1.8 km from Salamanca Inn All Suite Hotel
View more hotels in Hobart
All reviews great location free laundry dining table a great place to stay room was spacious bars and restaurants would definitely stay here again mona ferry great room self contained market salamanca parking dishwasher upstairs kitchenette tasmania
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2024 via mobile

Never been treated so badly!

I booked a month in advance directly with the hotel, and arrived early and was happy to hear my room was ready. No smile or niceness at check in, but no big deal. I was really looking forward to my stay after recovering from surgery and stay close to the the markets so I could go back and forth. The girl at the front desk (GG) just watched as I lugged in multiple bags then I got up to my room.

The room was stifling hot and smelt like old cigarette smoke/dust. No problem - the windows were supposed to open - well they did open a teeny crack but not enough to get airflow. The airconditioning, as my second backup, gave an error when I went to turn it on.

I went back to reception and she shrugged, no apology, and said yeah the airconditioner is broken they are fixing it - it might be fixed today but yeah they said that yesterday too. I explained I needed aircon as I was ill and recovering. She said - Go back to your room and wait 30mins. I went up and had to sit in the hall at that point as the room was so hot I was feeling ill and shaky.

She came up after 15 mins and I showed her the room - she said oh yeah it is hot but she couldn’t smell anything. I aked for another room (as air con was working in others) and asked should I go somewhere else. She shrugged again and said yeah she’d have a look to see if any other rooms were available. After another 15 mins she came back and said yeah you’ll have to find somewhere else as the air con fixer couldn’t guarentee it would be ready and I could get a refund. I asked for help to find another hotel and she shrugged again and left. I had to call around multiple places (on my mobile out in the hall) with nearly everything full as it was Easter. In tears now, I called the 5th hotel and luckily they had something (at a higher last minute price).

She then sauntered back up and I was now very upset and I told her I found something on my own. Still no apology, and she said oh you want help with the bags and carried the lightest one to the lift as she was going down anyway. She said she had found another place I could go to ( much lower stars and no cooking facilities) and she had tried to ring the room to tell me (she knew I was in the hall where the air con was working). I demanded a refund instead and she went ok and I asked for a receipt to prove it was refunded. She gave a huge sigh and said I’ll just take a photo of the refund screen and couldn’t print it. At that point I’d had enough and just left - without receipt.

Sure things go wrong and air con can break, but why no apologies, treated with disdain and no support to find anything else? Just shrugging at ill and crying customer and no apology or kind offer to help? Inexcusable and appalling customer service. Luckily, I found something better where I was treated with warmth and kindness. Don’t stay here - you could get sick or something could go wrong and they couldn’t give the tiniest toss.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2024

We had a suite with 2 bedrooms and one bath. The primary bedroom was on the second level. Although the unit had air conditioning, the cool air did not reach the upper level. There was a fan, but it did not cool the bedroom sufficiently and was noisy. Why hotels feel they need to use feather duvets on beds when it is hot out, I don't understand.
On the plus side, the location is great to get to the wharf and for driving to nearby wineries. The hotel had daily housekeeping. Breakfast was not included but good in the attached restaurant.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sidhant Kumar, Other at Salamanca Inn All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2024

Dear Lilliput441,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the air conditioning issue in your suite. We'll certainly address this concern with our maintenance team to ensure that all areas of our accommodations receive adequate cooling.

We understand your concern about the choice of bedding during warmer weather. We want to assure you that we do offer lighter bedding options, such as blankets, and we are more than happy to accommodate guest preferences upon request.

We're glad to hear that you found the location convenient for accessing nearby attractions and that you enjoyed the amenities such as daily housekeeping and the restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for an even more enjoyable stay.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2024

This was quite a surprise. I expected it to be family centric accomodation, and it would admirably suit that purpose, however as a couple who preferred peaceful privacy, it really was a stand out.

We stayed in the King Suite for 6 nights which is a long time in any one place but it was so spacious and comfortable, I couldn’t have asked for better. The bed is next level comfortable, as is the linen. Plenty of space to hang everything and put the cases away as well. There’s a shower over the bath in this suite. Not a bother for us really. Parking on site for a fair fee, superbly located, close to the market, town centre and ferry in the most picturesque part of Hobart. We didn’t try the restaurant this time.

Shout out to all staff for their warm welcome and in particular, the housekeeping team who did a great job on the room every day. It was a restful break and we will be back when next in Hobart.

Room tip: Decent kitchen area if it suits you to eat in. Room service also on hand
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sidhant Kumar, Other at Salamanca Inn All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2024

Dear MissKel22,

Thank you for your lovely review! We're thrilled to hear that your stay at our hotel exceeded your expectations. Our King Suite aims to offer a spacious and comfortable retreat, and we are delighted to know that you found it to be exactly that. It's great to hear you appreciated our convenient location and the warm welcome from our staff.

While you didn't have the chance to dine at our restaurant during this visit, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back so you can experience it on your next stay.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel whenever your travels bring you to Hobart.

Warm Regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 December 2023 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located for Salamanca, Battery Point and the wharf. We walked a lot of places, as it was so conveniently located.
We had a 3 bedroom loft apartment, which was spacious, and airy, although one of the downstairs bedrooms has no windows so felt a little box-like when the bedroom door was closed.
The only bathroom is upstairs in the loft with the master bedroom (which has no air-conditioning so can get very stuffy in warm weather), this could be an issue if you have small children.
I'm also a bit confused as you could theoretically have 6 people stay in the apartment, yet there is only one bathroom. Not sufficient.
The lifts are also a bit violent, closing very quickly on those moving less quickly and stopping at floors very jerkily. We ended up using the fire escape quite regularly, especially after one of the two lifts broke halfway through our stay and wasn't fixed by the time we left.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MOJO_aus
Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

I enjoyed my 3 nights here. The bed was excellent as was the air conditioning.
The hot water was ridiculously sensitive and was very hard to adjust and hold the right temperature.
Also the power points were almost inaccessible which made recharging phones etc hard. The bedside clock had an ancient phone charger which went out of use some years ago.
The bar and restaurant were excellent and the meals were of a very high standard.
The staff were helpful and friendly

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank peterp216
Sidhant Kumar, Other at Salamanca Inn All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2023

Hi Peterp216,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, and we appreciate your positive comments about our beds, air conditioning, bar, restaurant, and friendly staff.

We also appreciate your constructive feedback about the hot water sensitivity and the accessibility of power points. We will certainly take your comments into consideration as we continuously work to improve our facilities and address any issues that may arise.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in future and offer an even more comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,