“Nice old world hotel, great location”
Review of Lenna of Hobart

Lenna of Hobart
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stayed at the Lenna for the first time recently, it came highly recommended to me.
I was pleasantly surprised - the old world charm of the building along with the nice modern rooms made fro a enjoyable stay.
The hotel is very close to the cafes/restaurants/attractions of the Salamanca area & a short walk to central Hobart shops & business district.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank timporter65
George M, Assistant Manager – Front Office at Lenna of Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi timporter65,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our unrivalled location to explore all Salamanca and Hobart's waterfront has to offer, all within a very short walk from the hotel.

Thanks timporter65, great to hear you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Visited from Brisbane for our wedding anniversary. The front office staff were extremely professional, polite and courteous. Greeted in the room with a complimentary bottle of wine and very clean room and facilities. Located wonderfully between Salamanca and Battery Pt. Will come back in the future.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I have just stayed (checked to this morning) for three nights at Lenna of Hobart and was very impressed. I stayed for a night 15 years ago and it was an average hotel, not offensive but nothing remarkable, but they really have made this a great place to stay in the mean time.
I had a mountain view room on the 4th floor which was very clean, contemporary in decoration (especially the bathroom...nice!) and was lovely and warm (freezing in Hobart this week). It was quiet too which is vital. What I was really impressed with was how comfortable the beds were. Almost as good as a Sheraton or Westin Heavenly Bed. The room also included a Nespresso machine which is a nice touch.
The location is just perfect. Walking distance to Salamanca and my daily breakfast at Jackman & McRoss only minutes away.
The staff were lovely, all so accomodating. On my arrival I was a little over tired and confused with finding the entrance to the hotel from the parking area (I'm vague when tired) but the gentleman from the front desk kindly took me and showed me himself. A very nice touch.
I also received a call one night from the Restaurant as I had not finished my room service meal (it was fine but I wasn't too hungry) and they wanted to make sure all was okay. I must say I really don't feel the need to discuss my meal and if I happen to choose to leave part of it (especially at 8:45PM) but I do appreciate the thought and attention to service.
I visit Hobart three to four times a year and have stayed with family, at BnB's etc but now I think I have found my future Hobart pad for all my trips. I will return!
Many thanks for your hospitality Lenna.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hi Mint-onmy-Pillow,

Thanks for staying with us and for your review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our beds so comfortable. It is also great to hear you found our staff so helpful and friendly - our customer service is an area we pride ourselves on at Lenna of Hobart so we really appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our staff and attention to detail.

Thanks again Mint-onmy-Pillow, wonderful to hear you will return in the future, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The Lenna is my new favourite place to stay in Hobart. This hotel is quiet and has oodles character. I've previously stayed in about 6 hotels in Hobart including those that are $400 per night. The Lenna leaves them all behind. Room 28 was fabulous. Little attention to detail such as a request from room service staff for tea and they brought an extra special little bundle of tea that day and again the following day also, remembering my name and not having to sign for room service etc, lots of these tiny things make a difference to regular travellers and I appreciated it. I loved that I got the lesser priced 'garden view' but still had water views with it and I look forward to coming back to the Lenna. It is a real shame they no longer have a restaurant as I wanted to bring all my colleagues back for a lovely dinner. It is unclear that there isn't actually a proper restaurant for dinner (there is for breakfast) Hopefully the restaurant may reopen in future for evening meals. Room service breakfasts were lovely with a great variety and really healthy options which I appreciated.

The Lenna is easy walking distance to Salamanca markets and this is the most beautiful walk. It is another easy stretch to then walk up the street to Hobart CBD. I wouldn't walk around many cities alone late at night but Hobart was lively and felt very safe.

Room Tip: Some park view rooms eg room 28 also have water views.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Hi biztraveller2012,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review.

We love to hear the Lenna is your new favourite place to stay in Hobart! We are very pleased you appreciated the smaller features that we provide for our guests to make them feel as comfortable as possible while staying with us. We do pride ourselves on these service standards and believe this is what sets us apart from our competitors.

Thanks again biztraveller2012, we really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in Hobart.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Had the opportunity to spend a few days in the penthouse. Best view in Hobart. Close to the markets and a lift directly to ground allows you to come and go easily. Spacious rooms and all the facilities you need. Can't fault

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple