“Hotel staff was very accomodating”

Hadley's Orient Hotel
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Hobart
Reviewed 17 September 2017

What a lovely stay! The hotel staff were very friendly and were very accomodating, the place was a grand old, rambling hotel and the rooms were done tastefully. For some reason I had a wifi connectivity issue, however when I asked for assistance they were very obliging and when they realised that the wifi issue was not resolved, they immediately moved me to another room. The staff did not wait for me to complain, they did this very swiftly and very professionally and ensured that the guest was looked after. More hotels need to be as proactive and friendly as this venue!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Emma H, Guest Relations Manager at Hadley's Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review EverydayMum!

Our teams work hard to ensure our guests are happy and we are thrilled our professional team could assist in your prompt room move.

We hope we can welcome you back to Hadley's soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was not staying at Hadley's but met up with a friend who was staying there, for High Tea. I have always liked the ambience of this hotel especially the atrium where High Tea is served - a very pleasant area. High Tea is such a lovely occasion to spend time with someone special whilst enjoying delicious morsels and not feeling hassled to move on. This is certainly the place to do just that. I was a little disappointed that my preferred tea was not available but opted for coffee which was very good. My only criticism food wise was that the sandwiches were tiny squares impaled on a skewer. Having enjoyed High Tea in a number of wonderful venues around the globe this was a surprise. Sandwiches are usually fingers or tiny triangles making it simple to avoid any fillings which one prefers not to eat. Chef please note! Apart from that everything else was delicious, service was good and we were able to spend a lovely long afternoon together. I highly recommend this venue for High Tea.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Merrybells,

Thank you kindly for your glowing review and for recommending Hadley's to other travellers, it's so pleasing you thoroughly enjoyed our traditional afternoon tea experience, our service and had a lovely long afternoon!
We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the kitchen.

We hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

If you are into old world charm and traditional quality service then Hadley's Orient Hotel is for you.
Beautiful superior room, comfortable bed and decor add to the Hadley's experience.
Thank you to the wonderful front of house staff for looking after us over our two night stay.
We will be back when next visiting Hobart!
Five star!!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to superior and enjoy breakfast/dinner in the charming dining room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Emma H, Guest Relations Manager at Hadley's Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Wonderful to read you 5 star review Toshorama ! So pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Where to start? This gorgeous, historical hotel is in a perfect location - within easy walking distance to the water-side, ferries for other adventures, Salamanca Place, city centre, eateries. Public transport too easy if required by Franklin Square. The writer prefers older style accommodation and this fitted the bill - but with every mod-con. Free wifi (no problems at all); mini bar, comfortable room with an opening window - hooray) and lovely bathroom amenities. Coffee/tea making facilities, snacks (go the pop-corn) etc. I was lucky enough to have a room right across the road from St David's Cathedral which was celebrating its letters patent to create the Diocese of Tasmania and declaration of Hobart as a city. History before my eyes. Welcoming bar, (oh, I mean at Hadley's, not at St David's!) replete with fire-place, piano player. Difficult to leave all of that to explore other venues at night, or indeed, any time. Parking is apparently available at a parking station nearby (not quite sure of the arrangements, as I did not have a car with me). Fantastic brekkie. The most OUTSTANDING feature of this lovely hotel, reminiscent of the older, character style hotels in SF and NYC, has to be the staff. Every single staff member whom I came across treated me so courteously and politely; with a smile and with graciousness and absolutely went out of their way to ensure that this solo elderly traveller was ok. I enjoyed the art exhibition in the hotel; loved the public dining areas and the general ambience of the hotel. I would love to see perhaps a small ramp for heavy luggage by the front door - mea culpa for buying too many books which made my luggage heavy and certainly no biggie. I will DEFINITELY return here. I checked out some other hotels during my stay, and in my humble view, none come close in terms of location, value and service. Well done all Hadley's - and with particular thanks to Elissa who looked out for me like a hawk with every kindness, and Trevor at the bar who was kind enough to note that I was stressed out with all the sight-seeing. :-).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LisaGordonSimons
Emma H, Guest Relations Manager at Hadley's Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear LisaGordonSimons,

Thank you so very much for leaving your wonderful review, we are absolutely thrilled you had such an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Our entire team works hard to ensure our guests are happy and it's lovely to hear you enjoyed our facilities, location and our friendly team members could make your stay a pleasant one.

I will be sure to pass your kinds words on to the entire team. We hope we can welcome you back to Hadley's very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Hadley's for two nights over the weekend and it was excellent. The location is great, only a five minute walk to the MONA ferry and Salamanca markets. It is within throwing distance of a number of Hobart's top restaurants and tasty cheap eats too. The staff are top notch! I found them all friendly, personable and helpful. My third floor room was comfortable and quiet, and it was ready when I arrived at 10am. It was serviced daily and they even offer a turn down service. You will find a mini bar, hairdryer, coffee/tea and lovely toiletries in the room. The inaugural Hadley's Art Prize was a carefully curated exhibition featuring some big names and is worth checking out when it's on. There honestly wasn't anything I didn't like about this hotel and I would happily stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Happy_hol_tripper
Emma H, Guest Relations Manager at Hadley's Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! It's so pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your stay, our location, friendly staff and the Hadley's Art Prize.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.