Lowest prices for your stay
AU$99
Algotels
AU$104
Fully refundable before Sun, 14 Apr
Agoda.com
AU$78
Fully refundable before Fri, 19 Apr
Easy and fast booking
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 June 2022

The place is filthy, it feels very unsafe. There is mould throughout the bathroom, damaged walls and floors and no proper heating so in the winter when I stayed I absolutely froze to death. The tiny old electric heater in the cupboard did nothing to heat the room. Maintenance has clearly not been performed in a very, very long time.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 16 January 2022

Very run down hotel. WiFi was almost non existent despite being told there were four networks (none of which would connect and hold the connection). Room was old, dirty and in desperate need of an update. Loud party next door that had music and talking at night. No air-conditioning so quite stuffy and very loud if windows were open. Good location but for the price, I expected a bit more. Having come off a tour of hostels, this felt like another backpackers to me for double the price. Id recommend going elsewhere.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2021

This is a budget hotel so with that in mind this was a comfy and clean place to stay. Its close to places like Salamanca Market and the city sightseeing places with about a 15 minute walk. Its not far from shops in Sandy Bay. The only slight downside was the way the bathroom was arranged. The shower was open to the rest of the bathroom so water went everywhere making it a slip hazard. Also the towel rail was over the top of the toilet which could be a hygiene problem. For a one or 2 night stay in Hobart its more than adequate and for this on a budget its an OK place to stay,

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 29 March 2021

This is an old hotel but I stayed in a renovated room and it was absolutely fine and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The place has a certain charm, being an older building. I'd totally stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 28 March 2021

We ended up here because it was the only motel available in the Sandy Bay area.

We didn't expect much for $99 and I'm so glad we didn't pay more.

I've read a few of a reviews and they are fair. The threadbare stairs carpet should be removed altogether.

Our TV wouldn't work in the morning. just got an on screen message saying "retrieving data".

Wobbly sink tap.

Empty plastic drink bottle under the bed. The hotel inspector would have freaked out.

If you are arriving after six pm you must text a picture of your credit card and photo ID before they'll tell where your keys will be.

What bothered me the most was the very limited parking spaces. I could see from Google earth that there were only seven, maybe eight spaces but I didn't know that there were 29 rooms.

We were lucky to get the last remaining space when we arrived but I dread to think how we would have managed walking with baggage from what looks like the nearest car park at Salamanca.

We have stayed at many motels over the years all with a car space per room so motorists beware.

Having said that the location is great. Salamanca to the right and Sandy bay shops, bars and restaurants to the left.

Bottleshop next door.

We did have a laugh at the empty picture frames on the ground floor wall.

Room tip: Have a plan B for parking.
Date of stay: March 2021