Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
AU$106
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Agoda.com
AU$83
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Easy and fast booking
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

This is an old hotel but I stayed in a renovated room and it was absolutely fine and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The place has a certain charm, being an older building. I'd totally stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 28 March 2021

We ended up here because it was the only motel available in the Sandy Bay area.

We didn't expect much for $99 and I'm so glad we didn't pay more.

I've read a few of a reviews and they are fair. The threadbare stairs carpet should be removed altogether.

Our TV wouldn't work in the morning. just got an on screen message saying "retrieving data".

Wobbly sink tap.

Empty plastic drink bottle under the bed. The hotel inspector would have freaked out.

If you are arriving after six pm you must text a picture of your credit card and photo ID before they'll tell where your keys will be.

What bothered me the most was the very limited parking spaces. I could see from Google earth that there were only seven, maybe eight spaces but I didn't know that there were 29 rooms.

We were lucky to get the last remaining space when we arrived but I dread to think how we would have managed walking with baggage from what looks like the nearest car park at Salamanca.

We have stayed at many motels over the years all with a car space per room so motorists beware.

Having said that the location is great. Salamanca to the right and Sandy bay shops, bars and restaurants to the left.

Bottleshop next door.

We did have a laugh at the empty picture frames on the ground floor wall.

Room tip: Have a plan B for parking.
Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank MarkM62
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Was meant to be holiday of a lifetime webjet package i ended up leaving early and went elsewhere at additional expense to myself
8 carparks for 3 Storey hotel isnt enough

Spend extra go elsewhere please!

Took 10 minutes to get hot water tv was dodgy

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank brisjason
Reviewed 19 February 2021

This motel is a bit of a contradiction ...great location with views over Sandy Bay and Mt Wellington, linen good, staff appeared to be a bit dazed, needs significant injection of funds...carpet on stairs threadbare and dangerous, shower clean but ceiling needed repair, no reception beyond 9 - 5. For the price its ok and it does have the advantage of good cafes, pubs and restaurants in Battery Point. Having said that they do provide luggage storage but were emphatic that you could not use the toilet when collecting bags. It will get by due to its location but would benefit with some basic renovations.

Room tip: Rooms with Sandy Bay views.
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank 701David
Reviewed 23 January 2021

I stayed here for a night both before and after a tour of Tasmania. The first time, I was on the top floor, which had a great view. The 2nd time, I was on the middle floor, which had no view. Both rooms were completely different, one had a key and one had a fob, which was a bit weird. The location is great; just a short walk to Salamanca Square. Both rooms were well-equipped with heater, fan, hairdryer and tea/coffee making.

One thing that annoyed me was how short the reception hours were. Only open 9am-5pm which is a bit of a joke. When I arrived at 6pm, I had to call the manager to get my keys. I also couldn't leave my bag in storage for the day when I checked out because reception was closed.

Date of stay: January 2021