Lowest prices for your stay
AU$252
AU$216
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews host chris heritage hotel huge room continental breakfast old world charm old building salamanca markets within walking distance central location location is great mona ferry manor cbd accommodation tasmania waterfront history
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2023

A magnificent building filled with tastefully placed antique furnishings and trinkets. Warm and comfortable with such a welcoming atmosphere. Thank you Chris and staff for a beautifully presented breakfast and friendly conversation.

Date of stay: June 2023
Reviewed 22 May 2023

We stayed at the Macquarie Manor for a week, very central to everything, walking distance to Salamanca Place. It was beautiful. Lovely decorated interior and warm and cozy. Best shower ever. Host has lots of informed suggestions that we wouldn’t have seen if not for him.

Room tip: Book your parking spot, as minimal vacancy and you have to pay for parking 😩 Don’t stay if you’re allergic to cats!
Date of stay: May 2023
Reviewed 14 May 2023

Magnificent! Macquarie Manor is an impeccably maintained hotel in Hobart's CBD. Apart from the wonderfully attentive and good old-fashioned approach to hosting guests, this hotel offers ambience, graciousness, old-worldly style and high standards of hygiene. I was so glad that I stayed here because I felt that I was experiencing a little more of Tasmania's unique history by sleeping under the roof of this grand old building. Whilst this hotel many not offer the slick chicness of an expensive modern hotel, it offers something else that money cannot buy these days. It offers decency, a doorway into the past, and a high quality place to rest your head after a day of exploring Hobart. Finally, the all-inclusive breakfast is delightful ...

Room tip: This hotel is unlike most others but only in a very positive sense. I loved it and will gladly stay here again whenever next I visit Hobart
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Getaway59524459450
Reviewed 23 April 2023

I booked this hotel for one night on either side of an Intrepid tour of Tassie. The location was handy and I was able to walk down to the Salamanca/dock areas in about 10 mins. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was great. You can get a barista coffee and the host, Matt, toasted me a croissant to take on my journey. Matt informed me of some activity options in the area, printed out a local map and highlighted things for me. He was very friendly and professional. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2023

First review I've written where I did not actually stay in the property, but want to express our gratitude to the hotel owner, Chris, for how he handled our problem. Somewhere between TripAdvisor - Trip.com - and the Macquarie Manor our reservation evaporated, and the manor was already fully booked when we arrived at its doorstep. After an hour's work, Chris managed to find us a room at a different (but more expensive) hotel despite that it was a holiday weekend in Hobart. Moreover, since we had a receipt from Trip.com he said he would eventually get those funds, so he said he would put our new room on his personal card, and cover the cost difference as well. Needless to say, our next trip to Hobart will include a long stay at Macquarie Manor, and booked directly with Chris.

Date of stay: March 2023