“Biethday lunch with friends”
Review of Blue Eye

Blue Eye
Ranked #33 of 656 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Blue Eye is a quality seafood restaurant on Hobart's waterfront, cooking fresh and tasty local fish and seafood. It has a modern menu specialising in grilled fish dishes, seafood platters, and fish and chips.Try some local Bruny Island oysters or Spring Bay mussels to start, followed by char-grilled fish, a seafood curry, paella or real-ale battered fish and chips. The dishes change regularly depending on what fish is available.For the non-fish eater there are steaks, char-grilled to order, as well as vegetarian and gluten free dishes. Take away food is also available.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place has long been a favourite with my friends and I, mainly because of the good food, good service and lovely staff.

Always obliging and helpful, this time we were there for a friends birthday, with set menu, that didn’t agree with my taste, so asked Sean the waiter could I have sashimi instead and I would be happy to pay extra. “No problem” and no extra charge.
Sashimi and dumplings are my favourites and always have them, boring I know.
Wine is reasonably priced too. Good value all round, highly recommended

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, I’m not a huge seafood person. But this food was outstanding. We spent over two and half hours surrounded with wonderful seafood, paired with great recommendations of wine by the friendly waitstaff. Bookings are essential, apart from that there isn’t much to complain about for this place at all-the best seafood I’ve ever eaten. I’ll now be digging into more scallops, squid and other sea dwelling delights after my experience here!

1  Thank montykooge
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I visited this restaurant just before Easter with my partner and two friends. We had been led to believe that the Blue Eye was the leading (or at least one of the leading) seafood restaurants in Hobart, but both my partner and I found the restaurant disappointing. Firstly, I ordered a bottle of Chardonnay (which at approximately $43 I thought was extremely expensive) after making it clear to the waitress that we were seeking a dry wine. However, she brought the bottle and immediately proceeded to pour it without giving me an opportunity to taste it. I immediately found the wine very sweet and remonstrated with the waitress, but she ignored me and continued to almost empty the contents of the bottle. Secondly, I ordered a trevally dish, which was expensive ($39.50), meagre and uninteresting. My friend ordered scallops, which he said was OK. Our partners each ordered fish and chips (which came with a small salad). My partner told me me that her fish lacked flavour and her chips tasted stale and overcooked. Each of those dishes cost $33.50, which I think was pretty steep even if they had been of good quality.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had a the seafood platter which was awesome! The service was great with very knowledgeable staff and great wine recommendations. Will be back on our next visit to Hobart!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Good value, good menu mostly seafood. Friendly service. Very large newspaper fish as wall decoration.