Shipwright's Arms Hotel
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 155
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 122
The Henry Jones Art Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 206
The Henry Jones
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 134
  • Restaurant
Mantra Collins Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 110
  • Room Service
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 95
Salamanca Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 139
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 110
Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 93
Orbitz.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 178
Cancelon
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewspub foodbattery pointseafood chowdermain bartypical pub farehistorical pubbeer battered chipsfish of the dayphotos and memorabiliasticky date puddinggreat pubold worldsmall roomgreat positionper nightyachtingnautical
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We have enjoyed dinner at the Shipwright's Arms hotel on previoius visits to Hobart so I had no hesitation in recommending it for our large group. Great atmosphere with friendly staff. The food is very good as was the service. I highly recommend the seafood plate. We didn't stay in the Hotel's accommodation so unable to comment on that.

Room Tip: not able to comment on the accommodation as we did not stay
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2016

We went here a couple of weeks ago for my husbands work Christmas dinner. A 6pm booking. A few things not available on the menu, not such a big deal. We were in the room that had a bar but the staff said they couldnt serve drinks from it as it was too confusing - for who Im not quite sure... So every time some-one wanted a drink they had to go to the main bar. The food was average,the staff unfriendly and unhelpful. What happened to this glorious old pub that was always packed and had a fun friendly atmosphere. Wont be going back again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank HobartGina
Reviewed 16 December 2016

It was the first time that we had visited Shippies. We had not booked in and were surprised that we got a seat (let alone being the only ones in the restaurant). Husband had the scallops, while I opted for the seafood selection. I noticed that the meal included a couple of things that I really don't like and the waitress was only too happy to leave these off my plate and add something else in place of - which was most appreciated. The meals were very fresh, large proportions and tasted delicious. My only complaint was that the noise from the bar was really loud. Staff were friendly and I would definitely enjoy a meal her again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Cosy in winter, great nautical decor, friendly bright service, food above average pub food comparable with restaurants. I visit shippies every Hobart visit. Good place if solo with a friendly bar. Also good for a large group in the restaurant. Food is a little expensive for a large family but very affordable for a group of adults. Also is disabled accessible from the back. Interior is bigger than it seems. Service is not fancy, mostly enthusiastic university students and euro backpackers with fully functioning brains.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the shipwright arms until I had the misfortune of deciding to have a night cap at the bar after the beautiful day spent in Hobart. Upon reflection I wish I went to bed.
- I was insulted by the owner thinking he was being "funny"

- I had someone go through my handbag which resulted in my phone screen being smashed in the bar troff because the owner told him "I look dodgy" ?????

- A fight ensued of two patrons right beside me.

To be sure, I did not feel comfortable sleeping upstairs after this series of events. The remainder of my stay I avoided the bar and hotel at all costs. It was truly disappointing. I get angry every time I look at my phone screen which could have been avoided if there were respect for a persons belongings and a woman's handbag.

I would like to note that the manager and bar staff were great, the owner should be thankful to have employed such wonderful staff and should leave tending the bar to them.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo