Shipwright's Arms Hotel
The Henry Jones Art Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 179
The Henry Jones
Somerset on the Pier Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 186
USD 148
Agoda.com
Lenna of Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 173
USD 126
Orbitz.com
Grand Chancellor Hotel Hobart(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 129
USD 103
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 184
USD 94
  • Restaurant
Hadley's Orient Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 211
Salamanca Inn(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 168
USD 131
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 163/night.

Wrest Point(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 96
USD 89
Agoda.com
RACV/RACT Hobart Apartment Hotel(Hobart)(Great Value!)
USD 157
USD 105
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

All reviewspub foodbattery pointseafood chowdermain bartypical pub farehistorical pubbeer battered chipsfish of the dayphotos and memorabiliasticky date puddinggreat pubold worldsmall roomgreat positionper nightyachtingnautical
Reviewed 16 December 2016

It was the first time that we had visited Shippies. We had not booked in and were surprised that we got a seat (let alone being the only ones in the restaurant). Husband had the scallops, while I opted for the seafood selection. I noticed that the meal included a couple of things that I really don't like and the waitress was only too happy to leave these off my plate and add something else in place of - which was most appreciated. The meals were very fresh, large proportions and tasted delicious. My only complaint was that the noise from the bar was really loud. Staff were friendly and I would definitely enjoy a meal her again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Cosy in winter, great nautical decor, friendly bright service, food above average pub food comparable with restaurants. I visit shippies every Hobart visit. Good place if solo with a friendly bar. Also good for a large group in the restaurant. Food is a little expensive for a large family but very affordable for a group of adults. Also is disabled accessible from the back. Interior is bigger than it seems. Service is not fancy, mostly enthusiastic university students and euro backpackers with fully functioning brains.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the shipwright arms until I had the misfortune of deciding to have a night cap at the bar after the beautiful day spent in Hobart. Upon reflection I wish I went to bed.
- I was insulted by the owner thinking he was being "funny"

- I had someone go through my handbag which resulted in my phone screen being smashed in the bar troff because the owner told him "I look dodgy" ?????

- A fight ensued of two patrons right beside me.

To be sure, I did not feel comfortable sleeping upstairs after this series of events. The remainder of my stay I avoided the bar and hotel at all costs. It was truly disappointing. I get angry every time I look at my phone screen which could have been avoided if there were respect for a persons belongings and a woman's handbag.

I would like to note that the manager and bar staff were great, the owner should be thankful to have employed such wonderful staff and should leave tending the bar to them.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Goodfoodtraveller
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Called in for dinner ,this time sober , have only been in after finishing a boat race to hobart as much as i enjoyed the celebrations i really enjoyed the experience even more in quieter times .The food was to die for, the service was exceptional and the atmosphere fantastic. Lots of tradition would highly recommend.

Room Tip: not sure only had dinner
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Have just come home from a very unpleasant experience with the publican of this Hotel.
Having taken my elderly parents out to lunch and them having a entrée of chowder

then myself and hubby had a steak ,we also had a voucher from the entertainment book and asked the publican to separate the bills we had the voucher and my parents only had a entrée not a main meal.
This request was rudely refused and and a heated discussion was had I am very sorry to say that he didn't have the decency to take one main meal of the bill ,refused to separate the bill and so we received a discount of a entrée only ,this is a very poor attitude.
His policy was that my parent were they to sit at a separate table could have a separate bill ,and if we had sat separate to them we would of saved $35.00 NOT $17.00 how pathetic WE WONT RETURN BEWARE ANY PERSONS WITH THE ENTERTAINMENT VOUCHER

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family