Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
An awesome experience

A brilliant 8 days in on a truly remote and wild river. Exciting, arduous and hilarious, with a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jane B
Magical escape in the wilderness

Reviewed 27 January 2024
LucyAnaisdA
London, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Hobart
from AU$260.00
from AU$275.00
from AU$320.00
from AU$175.00
More Info
All reviews an adventure true wilderness day trip private group remote wilderness an incredible experience bucket list capable hands dietary requirements scallops fantastic trip lamb these guys klaudia rapids rafts paddle
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2024

My husband and I had a magnificent rafting journey down the Franklin. I came with zero rafting experience and limited camping experience but this was not an issue. Brett and Clarissa are highly experienced guides and knew how to support all levels of rafting and rock climbing capabilities. I loved the time sitting in the raft soaking up the wilderness and listening to Brett's stories and observations from his 35+ years rafting down the Franklin.
The evenings at camp with the other guests and the guides were very enjoyable - delicious food, fun card games, relaxing to music, reflecting on the wonders of nature. We loved sleeping in the outdoors (tents were not needed during our trip) seeing the night sky lit up brightly and listening to the thundering river.
I am already thinking about my next trip with Brett and his team!

Date of experience: January 2024
Reviewed 21 January 2024

An exhilarating 10 days with Brett & crew. The pristine wilderness experience shared with family and friends will be a treasured memory.
Highlights included the use of single kayaks option
Experienced guides
Fresh food - huge variety
Flexible/ lay days

Reviewed 2 January 2024

The Franklin River is unique and I thank all the people who contributed to protecting it (& especially Bob Brown). Our trip was fabulous with great participants.
I would recommend more in-depth safety briefing, more daily information on the program and one of the main guides could certainly improve people skills.

Date of experience: November 2023
Reviewed 30 December 2023

We had a great time. The Franklin River is stunning. It really is the trip of a lifetime and not the kind of experience you can find anywhere else. The food was very impressive, we had quail, scallops and prawns with fresh veg right to the last day and the guides are really good at keeping you safe. The water level wasn't vey high so there was a bit of portage but everyone got stuck in helping and we got through them fairly quickly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 December 2023

Very professional outfit with excellent pre-trip information and very accomodating with special requests. Guides were all excellent with vast experience and good knowledge of the river. With their emphasis on safety, I never felt at real risk of misadventure. Food was excellent but above all it was an unforgettable experience to travel down this remote and pristine waterway. My congratulations go to the operators of this well run trip.
Ian (Senior WWI)